Two Year Contract Coming To A End. What Are You Upgrading To?

ImTheDuke

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I got the Vibrant the first day it came out. Two year contract is coming up in July. T-Mobile says I can get a fully upgrade at the end of this month. If I stay with T-Mobile the HTC-One S. Looks very nice. I'm also considering going to AT@T for the HTC-OneX. Have also bandied about the idea of going Windows and getting the Nokia 900. Curious what others are considering

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the GSM Galaxy Nexus. Couldn't be happier!
Now I plan to root my Vibrant =)

The $400 one? If it is. Can I use the $30 plan with internet and sms unlimited? I'm really interested in buying the unlocked Galaxy Nexus so hopefully I can pay that little ':)

McSqueeb

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I have since left TMo, but if I were still on it I would likely go for the Nexus. Unless there is word of an S3 or OneX.

So, I suppose my order would be:
1. S3
2. One X
3. Nexus

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I too got the vibrant the day it was relaeased almost two years ago, but i couldnt wait any longer and bought the new HTC one S. it blows the vibrant away on clairity, speed, personalizing (stock of course) and the best thing of all.... I now have working GPS!!! the one X isnt much better than the one s if you remove the tegra3 chip. very similar and all the phone you will need for a long time. but i agree with ^ that guy. besides the S3 (I now hate samsung and will not be returning)

atatistcheff

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I also bought the Vibrant the day it was available (actually the night before). I've been running a custom ROM since Feb 2011 and ICS for the past few months. It's still a cool phone and I've handed it down to my daughter.

My TMO plan is a family plan with no phone subsidies so whatever I get, I'm paying full price for. I was all ready to spring for the One S when it was released but the Galaxy Nexus came out just prior. At $200 less for a bigger screen it was the one I went with. It's a great phone, the extra RAM and dual cores make it fly like my Vibrant longed to. After using a 4 inch screen for so long I'm finding the bigger phone is more challenging to hold. I have been getting used to it but I will seriously consider a 4.3 inch phone next time around.

Anxiously awaiting the supposed stable of Google devices which will be available at the end of the year. I am really liking the unskinned ICS and with a Nexus device you know you'll get upgraded before anybody else. I'm glad I got the Nexus, anything you get will probably blow you away compared to the single core of the Vibrant.

McSqueeb

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Not only have I left T-Mo, I've moved to the UK. However, I have flashed ICS on my Vibrant and it's still running strong. At this stage I'm thinking of toughing it out for a couple more months and getting the next Nexus when it drops in the winter. Beyond that, the SGS3 and OneX look really solid.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I also got the Vibrant on the first day. Was happy with the phone at first, but it seemed to misbehave after getting Froyo. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not. I get so many apps missing, random reboots, slow everything, wifi disable/enable is hit or miss, can't uninstall/install apps when apps are missing. A once-great phone has become a nightmare. All before the phone was a year old.

I was holding out for the SIII, but T-Mo wants about $369 for it and they will do me a favor and allow me to re-commit for 2 years. No thank you. I even considered the Note, but at present time, no solid released date has been set. So, I just ordered a GSM Galaxy Nexus for about the same price as the SIII (minus 2 yr extension). If T-Mo aggressively drops the price on the SIII or the Note becomes worthwhile to buy once offered, I might get one of them and sell the Nexus. I really would prefer a phone with an SD slot.

Not sure why T-Mobile, or any other carrier,would think it's ok to offer new customers better deals than current customers, but it is very off-putting. I'm looking forward to my contract-free Nexus