Unable to restore factory image - bootloader flash fails

arisverris

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been reading through many threads here and on other forums trying to find out how to cure my Nexus 2012 WiFi.

I rooted and installed cyanogenmod maybe a year back. Has been working good until some weeks ago where it started freezing occationally. I made a factory reset from within settings and everything was good for some time. Then it got worse again and now suddently I'm stuck in a boot loop, showing nothing but the google screen and unable to turn it off.

Have tried NRT and manual restore, last try was according to the guide in this forum. I always seem to stop when the bootloader is being flashed. Following the guide here on this forum, I was able to erase the following; boot - cache - recovery - system - userdata. Then I tried to flash the bootloader, sending it works OK but writing it FAILS. (unknown error code).

Hope someone has a good advice.

havensed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Wugfresh's root program has setting that forces the software onto the tablet....just have to select the stuck in bootloop option.

sent from LGG3 with lollipop

arisverris

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the advice, but I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work. But I've somehow managed to update bootloader by trying again and again, but I alwas hit a wall when trying to load recovery. And during the restore when the nexus is supposed to restart into bootloader, it only turns off but doesn't restart automatically (I have to turn it on by my self) - don't know if this says something about what is not working.

Any advice on how to proceed - I want my nexus back desparetely.

havensed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd use Wugfresh"s software to do everything on my nexus 7. It even saved me from a soft brick when the bootloader were published wrong...

sent from LGG3 with lollipop