Update to S23 Ultra for security updates?

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Just have a quick question as the subject line reads. I still have a Note 9 that works amazingly well.

My question is, do I have to update to a S23 Ultra this year for security purposes? The last carrier security update for my N9 was last June. Google Play services is updating apps at least twice per week currently. I do not play games or load a lot of apps, just the basic work, email, social media & retail store etc.

I love new tech. But the expense of a new phone is hard to justify if my current phone still works w/o issue.

Side note: Samsung trade in value on my phone was low last year due to a small crack on the curve of the screen. Which I completely understand. The carrier (ATT) trade in deals required my 2 line plan to move to an Unlimited plan. It would have cost more long term than just pay full price for the phone.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If you still want an ultra model for the S-pen or whatever, but are price sensitive, you might want to get an S22 Ultra instead.

They still have 2 years of OS updates and 3 (4?) years of security updates left.