Verizon Might Get The Exynos Chip Galaxy S22

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Having dealt with Verizon I would say it is due to less cost, more profit. However, big question is, will an unlocked with a snapdragon work ok on a Verizon network? I would guess yes...but who knows.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Having dealt with Verizon I would say it is due to less cost, more profit. However, big question is, will an unlocked with a snapdragon work ok on a Verizon network? I would guess yes...but who knows.
I would say you hit the nail on the head. Don't count on the savings to reach the customer, well at least till TMobile does it and does pass the savings on to the customer.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Only thing Verizon has that is worthwhile are towers. Where I live, Verizon is the only option; however, I use their system but through an MVNO (granted that MVNO was just purchased by Verizon); but hey, what can a guy do?
If T-mobile was able to give me service I might jump.

Red is verizon/purple is T-mobile. And there are not that many people living in those red areas so I can see why adding towers is not cost effective. If only the bears and cougars carried cell phones....maybe.
9UcPCy4.gif

zj4qazz.jpg

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I gave my Mom my old S6 which I think had the Exynos chip of the old days. It lasted until just a couple months ago.

If the S22 has it - no worries.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
By the time Verizon's marketing department gets done, it will be touted as the greatest move mankind has ever known.
(wink wink)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
By the time Verizon's marketing department gets done, it will be touted as the greatest move mankind has ever known.
(wink wink)
Yes, they will say they perfected it. Verizon is going to negotiate with Samsung to get the phones cheaper, charge the same to the customers and promote how it's better. I don't know if it's better or not, but I do read on the forums of a lot of people over seas trying to order a United States version and have it shipped to them to avoid getting the exynos chip. So that says a lot to me.

When it comes to Verizon and your wallet, Verizon is not your friend. They would do this for them and only them

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they will say they perfected it. Verizon is going to negotiate with Samsung to get the phones cheaper, charge the same to the customers and promote how it's better. I don't know if it's better or not, but I do read on the forums of a lot of people over seas trying to order a United States version and have it shipped to them to avoid getting the exynos chip. So that says a lot to me.

When it comes to Verizon and your wallet, Verizon is not your friend. They would do this for them and only them

Same with ATT, probably same with T-Mobile (just no experience with T-mobile). But I found ATT worse to work with than Verizon, but then just went to a MVNO running off Verizon towers....best of both worlds; low price and Verizon network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timwelby