Question Weather Widget Townships =Annoying

nds76

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Something that has been really bothering me is the default weather widget on Android. I have the S23+ and I have seen this on some earlier versions well. But The weather locations almost always seem to be "townships" rather than the actually city or town name. Is there anyway to change this? I know I can make it show my city but it won't automatically change when I travel to another city. I think they use The Weather Channel as the source. That said, can the source be changed? Showing me the township does nothing, especially when driving through an area I'm not familiar with.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know you can add cities but I want it to stop showing townships wherever I go. I don't wanna have to add cities for wherever I go.
Have you tried disabling current location in the settings?
a708af8aaf03f30a991ea0aabfc33af2.jpg

nds76

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
How would the app function if location is disabled? I want my location to change automatically wherever I happen to be, but I don't want to see "townships" listed for my location. Here is an example. Let's say I lived in Cincinnati, OH but the app displays Crosby Township. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the city proper displayed rather than the township?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How would the app function if location is disabled? I want my location to change automatically wherever I happen to be, but I don't want to see "townships" listed for my location. Here is an example. Let's say I lived in Cincinnati, OH but the app displays Crosby Township. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the city proper displayed rather than the township?
Im not aware you can change that in default weather app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter