What causes "reboot on boot" warm reboots and how to I fix it?

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
No it doesn't. There is a giant "to-do" list of things that need to be fixed or are missing. And based on what I read over at xda a good number of people complaining about various bugs & problems.

I think I'm going to take a stab at CleanGB. That seems to be what I'm looking for -- a solid, no frills ROM without any bloat that just works.

Excuse me, I didn't speak for everyone. "My" cm9 works flawless. I have no major issues. The biggest issue I have is flash doesn't work for video recording. Everything else works perfect. Idk about everyone else, but I know what I'm doing, and for me it works just as the devs have stated it should. I have nothing missing, a to-do-list of issues, or any problems whatsoever.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ekuns

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: What causes "reboot on boot" warm reboots and how to I fix it

you absolutely need to update your phone to EL30 first before going to cm9. This will upgrade the radio/modem first and then on cm9 you will have the greatest experience possible.

Ah, I didn't know. Thanks!!!

ekuns

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site

No it doesn't. There is a giant "to-do" list of things that need to be fixed or are missing. And based on what I read over at xda a good number of people complaining about various bugs & problems.

I think I'm going to take a stab at CleanGB. That seems to be what I'm looking for -- a solid, no frills ROM without any bloat that just works.

Software is never completed. It is only abandoned. There is no perfect ROM. Basically figure out what feaeture set is important to you (stability seems to be your #1 requirement). I'm considering CleanGB for the very same reason. I don't care about (most) frills, but I really want stability first, good battery life second, and third is those features I use such as 4G, Swype, and a few others. I'm interested in ICS just for the ability to discard individual notifications, but don't need to have it just because it's the latest & greatest.

I'm trying to decide between CM9 and CleanGB, and periodically looking to see what other choices are out there.

amadeukaos

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I?m having the same problem, with fc09...
ps: the phone wont reboot if I remove the sdcard!
maybe I should reflash my sdcard, and install all again?

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I?m having the same problem, with fc09...
ps: the phone wont reboot if I remove the sdcard!
maybe I should reflash my sdcard, and install all again?

In your case, wiping the SD card may well fix your issue. Also if you have any misbehaving apps installed to the SD card, having it out will keep them from loading.

Do a full backup of your card, format it in your phone, and copy your data back. If it's still happening after that, start uninstalling programs you installed one by one, until it stops.

amadeukaos

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

In your case, wiping the SD card may well fix your issue. Also if you have any misbehaving apps installed to the SD card, having it out will keep them from loading.

Do a full backup of your card, format it in your phone, and copy your data back. If it's still happening after that, start uninstalling programs you installed one by one, until it stops.

How can I see what programs are running in the background and what programs are making these problems?
There is a way to see that? Programs running and how much memory and processing they are consuming?

Sorry for my english, btw :)

amadeukaos

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I just installed cyanogen 9, now I have a new phone, and its so easy, awesome!
but I notice that some games are not playing anymore, can someone test "The Lost Souls" for me?

reye#AC

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I read this forum. My wife's phone (Epic 4G - D700) was having this exact same problem. It would randomly reboot while powered on. It was very frustrating.

Before I saw this post I had tried to remedy the problem by rooting the phone and installing a custom ROM -- I just used the process by QBKing77
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9eaCtiS0Bo
This fix worked kinda, but it was also necessary for what I did next.

Then, I saw this post. Since I already had ClockworkMod installed, I only needed to flash the ROM. I used the ROM and GoogleAPP files and followed the instructions posted here:
Samsung Epic 4G: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

ROM file found here: CyanogenMod Downloads
GoogleAPPS file found here: Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki

The phone is now working perfectly -- but, my wife says we shouldn't jinx it by talking about it. Good luck with your phone. And, thank you QBKing77, Cyanogenmod, and everyone else who put these files/guides together! Obviously, follow these instructions at ur own risk and back up your phone, etc.

I just wanted to post another success story for CM9 on the Epic 4G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234