What is going on with my Galaxy S4's battery?

A

AC Question

Hi, my Galaxy S4's battery and charging have been very odd lately. A few days ago I dropped it as I was getting out my car and the screen was badly damaged, apparently the only injury the phone suffered. When I went inside and later put it on the charger, however, I noticed that it was not charging and had lost all of its battery. The phone didn't charge or turn on for the next full day, but the next morning I put it on the charger (just to keep it one place, I guess) and it started to charge again. I left it there and came back later to find it fully charged. Haven't been able to charge it since, the only time I came close was earlier today where it charged to 30% and is now gradually declining in power while it is on the charger. The phone even says it is charging (i.e. the battery symbol shows the charging lightning bolt), yet it is still draining even after I powered the phone down.

Any ideas on what this could be? Should I just bring it into a repair shop or get a new phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The charging port may have been damaged as well, or perhaps something in the motherboard. Batteries don't like trauma either, so it's possible that got damaged--is it bulging?