Whats keeping my phone awake?

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
when I went to sleep, i checked my phone 8 hours later and I only lost 2% last night which is amazing....but since noon today my battery seems to be going down fast so i checked my usage and under awake, i noticed more blue bars so I downloaded an app called Wakelock Defender and a media process by the title of 1013 has kept it awake for 30 minutes so far...all it shows about that process is "type: media"

how can i figure out what this or or how can I take care of this issue? please help thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have Wakelock Detector as well, and if I tap on 1013, it mentions "Type: System (media)," and under that, "AudioOut_2." Appears to be a system app necessary for sound output. Do you have any media apps running in the background, like Pandora or Slacker?

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I have Wakelock Detector as well, and if I tap on 1013, it mentions "Type: System (media)," and under that, "AudioOut_2." Appears to be a system app necessary for sound output. Do you have any media apps running in the background, like Pandora or Slacker?

no i dont have any music apps downloaded on my phone and I dont listen to music on my phone (yet).

when I click on 1013 it says type : system media status: idle...........thats all it doesnt say audioout or anything

this damn thing doesnt let my phone sleep, everytime I refresh wakelock the time goes higher and higher

- - - Updated - - -

and overflow by the bar

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is probably the best and most authoritative article I've found so far related to 1013/AudioOut. It's pretty technical and much of it goes way over my head, but scroll all the way down and read the "Test Case" section. It may be that some app you have on your device (not necessarily a music app) might be a little buggy, and is not properly closing certain processes (like 1013/AudioOut).

Wakelocks: Detect No-Sleep Issues in Android* Applications | Intel? Developer Zone

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
This is probably the best and most authoritative article I've found so far related to 1013/AudioOut. It's pretty technical and much of it goes way over my head, but scroll all the way down and read the "Test Case" section. It may be that some app you have on your device (not necessarily a music app) might be a little buggy, and is not properly closing certain processes (like 1013/AudioOut).

Wakelocks: Detect No-Sleep Issues in Android* Applications | Intel? Developer Zone

Thanks for anything you could do.

Just downloaded Battery Stats Plus and this issue has kept my phone awake for almost 2 hours, and an app called ChatOn V is also contributing to its own take on keeping my phone awake for 30 mins, I've already disabled ChatOn but ChatOn V I'm unable to disable. how can I take care of that?

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
If i move it to a SD card will it still be in my phone or completely transfer to the sd card?

and i'm thinking of just reseting my phone, this is a headache to deal with

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is ChatOn a preinstalled app or one you installed on your own? If it access audio at all, maybe that's the one that is keeping 1013 on.

Posted via Android Central App

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Is ChatOn a preinstalled app or one you installed on your own? If it access audio at all, maybe that's the one that is keeping 1013 on.

Both ChatOn(chatting app) and ChatOn V (V for video) are preinstalled apps, chaton you are able to disable but chaton V is not available to be disabled. I have disabled ChatOn but ChatOn V is running because I have no other choice but to let it run.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So hard to know if ChatOn is the one responsible for 1013, or if it could be some other app. The only way I can think of troubleshooting is by uninstalling apps one by one and seeing what happens to the wakelocks in between. Very tedious.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Both ChatOn(chatting app) and ChatOn V (V for video) are preinstalled apps, chaton you are able to disable but chaton V is not available to be disabled. I have disabled ChatOn but ChatOn V is running because I have no other choice but to let it run.

Apparently your carrier has installed the ChatOn apps; can you do anything in the app settings that might help? You could try contacting your carrier's tech. support, but they'll probably just tell you to clear the app data and cache, or maybe do a phone re-set. By the way, have you tried clearing the app data and cache?

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Apparently your carrier has installed the ChatOn apps; can you do anything in the app settings that might help? You could try contacting your carrier's tech. support, but they'll probably just tell you to clear the app data and cache, or maybe do a phone re-set. By the way, have you tried clearing the app data and cache?

What does clearing the data do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you ever opened ChatOn, then it might have initiated some kind of process, and therefore keeps turning on in the background. Clearing the data and then force stopping it might revert it back to a dormant state. I've done that before with Verizon's annoying Backup Assistant Plus software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver