Whats the best way to watch Tv shows streaming on Evo?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app like mobitv coming out for the evo or a way to watch hulu properly on the evo? I found something about tricking it to think its on a desktop is anyone familiar with this or know a beter way or app to watch shows?

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Nope, hulu has it locked down for mobile devices. Now, there's a app called LiveTV in the market. You can watch stuff like southpark, cartoon network, football channels, Nick, Disney, CBS, NBC, and others. Some work, some dont. But for something that's free, I dont complain. With the Evo have full flash, I just go to the web sites and watch shows from there. But you wont find a hulu app. Now if your rooted then someone told me over at xda forums the devs made a way to get around hulu and watch hulu.com on your Evo but that's only if your rooted.

Reactions: hawaiijedi

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I use tv.com, which gives you access to various CBS shows for free. It does work well, even over 3G (as opposed to 4G or wifi). There is an app in the market, which I use. But I believe you may be able to access it at their website as well.

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How?

If you're rooted you can use hulu just fine. I'm running CM6 and hulu works beautifully.

How? I had a guy root my phone for me ($20, not bad) and he put the hulu app on it. I tried to run it but it tells me that Hulu is not supported on my device (or platform).

I actually tried to remove the app from my phone, but it won't let me. I tried to remove the icon too but it keeps coming right back. How would I get Hulu to actually work on a rooted phone?

thanks

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You're going to have to flash a rom that will play hulu.com. CM6 will play www.hulu.com just fine and I also have the app and it works fine as well. I would recommend checking out XDA. I'll try to remember to post the link when I get back to my laptop.

Sent from my CM6 powered Evo

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well there's Bitbop. But it's $10 a month and their selection sucks. Real tv junkies are waiting for the Hulu Plus Android app I guess...

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Jetflicks is pretty great. I think it was $30 for a 6 month subscription, and now ai have access to a ton of shows. It includes back episodes of a bunch of popular series, and updates every evening.

Best of all, it looks great even with 3g coverage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981