What's wrong with my Mesmerize? :(

rose_spells

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I went into US Cellular today to ask about a glitch I've been having and the lady told me to update my system on the US Cellular site. So today I did, but after it got done, my phone froze on the Galaxy start up page. After I turned my phone back on, it was stuck in Safe Mode. So I turned my phone off, took out the battery for 1 minute, and then turned my phone back on, and it was normal. But then it completely froze, and I had to turn it off again. Now, it is stuck in Safe Mode and it keeps on telling me that I have no signal. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my phone and/or how to fix it? :'(

drwp

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It's possible that the phone didn't freeze after restarting, the first boot after installing the update takes longer than normal, and if you turned it off and on during that reboot something may have been glitched. If you can get into Settings>About Phone, check which build number your phone has now. If it's not SCH-1500.EE19, your update didn't work right and you might be able to run the update in Kies again and hope it works better this time.
If you do have the latest build number, then I agree with LaTuFu, take it to a USCell store. Back-up anything important you have on there in case they wipe it, though.