Which of these 5 has the longest battery life?

chongjasmine

Jan 1, 2024
Visit site
After some considerations, I had narrowed down my tablet search to these 5 choices.

Lenovo Tab M8
Amazon Fire HD8
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
Lenovo Tab M9
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 lite

I am looking for long battery life to use with my logos bible app from google play to read their ebooks and maybe once in awhile, watch videos.

Which do you recommend I get?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I can't really compare battery life, but I can tell you that I have the Lenovo Tab M9, and have been quite satisfied with it. Performance is significantly better than the M8 (which I previously had), and I appreciate the stereo speakers. The M8 only has a mono speaker, although it does have the advantage of offering a 1080p display (if you get the M8 FHD version), while the M9 only comes in a 720p version. I use my M9 primarily for media consumption (reading on Kindle, watching streaming videos on various platforms) and browsing, and I never feel that the battery runs down too quickly.

I would stay away from the Galaxy Tab A7 lite. I had that for a while, and although the specs look good on paper, I noticed that it got progressively more sluggish over the span of a year, to the point that it was almost unusable (or at least very unpleasant to use). I ended up trading that in for the Lenovo Tab M9.

I don't have any direct experience with Amazon tablets, but just remember that they don't come with the Play Store -- you're stuck with Amazon's fairly awful App store, with a much more limited app selection, many of which don't get updated as much as the ones on the Play Store. There are ways to get the Play Store installed -- you can search on the web for that -- but if you don't want the hassle, avoid Amazon tablets.

chongjasmine

Jan 1, 2024
Visit site
When using M8, is the battery life all right? Is it all overall good tablet? It is much cheaper than M9 in my country of origin so thinking of getting it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Battery was never a concern when I had the Tab M8 FHD. Overall, it was decent for the price -- generally better than the Galaxy Tab A7 lite, but the M8's performance was still fairly mediocre. I did notice a significant improvement in performance with the M9, both with gaming (Asphalt 9 can actually run reasonably well on it) and browsing. The M9 has also gotten better software update support from Lenovo so far, but I'm not sure how long that will last.

If the M9 is really too expensive for you, then the M8 will be ok, especially if you'll primarily use it for reading and watching videos.