Why is USB debugging mode re-enabling itself?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Phone: Moto G6 XT1925-6

Every few hours, regardless of whether the phone has been connected to a power source, the usb debugging option gets enabled again for no particular reason.

What's bizarre is that this option becomes enabled without the developer options even being present - the only way I could know it was happening was my security app telling me. The only way to disable it is to enable developer options then turn it off there, and when it gets re-enabled the developer options will promptly become hidden again, requiring me to re-enable them every time I want to disable usb debugging.

I'm having another similar issue where apps that I disable are re-enabling themselves for no reason, which I will probably create another thread for. Just thought it might help to mention here.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of what option it shows when you plug your phone in a power source ? Should show up on the notification panel

dominik_s

Oct 31, 2019
Visit site
My issue is quite different than that post, in that not only is my phone not in factory mode, but I don't have to reboot for usb debugging to become enabled again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can get it moved by a Mod to correct forum, but still like to see a screenshot of it when connected to power source

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120