Why no 2 button navigation on Pixel 6 Pro?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have used Nova Launcher on my Pixel 3 XL for years, along with 2 button navigation rather than gestures. I decided to try Pixel Launcher on my new Pixel 6 Pro. In the System Navigation settings, the only options are for Gesture Navigation and 3 button navigation. My old 3 XL is also running Android 12, and still has options for 2 button and 3 button navigation. If they're both running 12, where is the 2 button navigation option for the 6 Pro?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have used Nova Launcher on my Pixel 3 XL for years, along with 2 button navigation rather than gestures. I decided to try Pixel Launcher on my new Pixel 6 Pro. In the System Navigation settings, the only options are for Gesture Navigation and 3 button navigation. My old 3 XL is also running Android 12, and still has options for 2 button and 3 button navigation. If they're both running 12, where is the 2 button navigation option for the 6 Pro?
I haven't seen the two button since the 3xl. My previous P5 had the three button and I'm using the 3 button on the 6pro now.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen the two button since the 3xl. My previous P5 had the three button and I'm using the 3 button on the 6pro now.

Thanks...maybe it was devices specific and since I've been rocking my 3 XL for 3 years I didn't know that option was hardware based.

beantownsouth

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Thanks...maybe it was devices specific and since I've been rocking my 3 XL for 3 years I didn't know that option was hardware based.

I posted in another thread that Google stated two button was on it's way out. 3 button or Gestures and that's it. 2 button, was never on my P5 as an option, that I can remember. I don't know if the 4a5g had it or not. The P5 may have been the first model without it.