Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
A few procedures that I personally find helpful after installing an update are wiping the phone's temporary Cache Partition and using the Galaxy Apps Booster.

Wiping the Cache Partition is considered best practice after a major firmware update and can solve a lot of issues, such as lagging and apps foreclosing. This does not affect your data and is very simple and easy to perform.

Whilst in Recovery mode you can also select the option to, "Repair apps", in case you are experiencing app issues.

This video will show you how to clear your phone's temporary Cache Partition of any corrupt files and detritus that may cause issues for you. It works on both the Z Fold4 and Flip4 devices...

p.gif

I also use the Galaxy Apps Booster as well, which can be found in the, "Good Guardians", app in the App drawer of Android 12.
(If you do not have Good Guardians in the App drawer, it can be downloaded from the Samsung Store along with its component parts)

Simply run the Galaxy App Booster. If it is your first time using this app it can take awhile to finish. Subsequent runs are around 4 min's.

Galaxy App Booster

Gr5DSKll.png

See, also...“Magic Trick” of Galaxy App Booster

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Do we still need to connect to a PC to get into recovery now that we have Snapdragon?

To be honest, wiping the cache partition isn't really necessary at all unless you're actually experiencing problems. I've only done it about 2 or 3 times since buying the S21 ultra at launch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do we still need to connect to a PC to get into recovery now that we have Snapdragon?

To be honest, wiping the cache partition isn't really necessary at all unless you're actually experiencing problems. I've only done it about 2 or 3 times since buying the S21 ultra at launch.
Lot people experience issues after a update, plus the App repair option is another neat thing added.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
A few procedures that I personally find helpful after installing an update are wiping the phone's temporary Cache Partition and using the Galaxy Apps Booster.

Wiping the Cache Partition is considered best practice after a major firmware update and can solve a lot of issues, such as lagging and apps foreclosing. This does not affect your data and is very simple and easy to perform.

Whilst in Recovery mode you can also select the option to, "Repair apps", in case you are experiencing app issues.

This video will show you how to clear your phone's temporary Cache Partition of any corrupt files and detritus that may cause issues for you. It works on both the Z Fold4 and Flip4 devices...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/i/p.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36-MZcQylR0

I also use the Galaxy Apps Booster as well, which can be found in the, "Good Guardians", app in the App drawer of Android 12.
(If you do not have Good Guardians in the App drawer, it can be downloaded from the Samsung Store along with its component parts)

Simply run the Galaxy App Booster. If it is your first time using this app it can take awhile to finish. Subsequent runs are around 4 min's.

Galaxy App Booster

https://i.imgur.com/Gr5DSKll.png

See, also...“Magic Trick” of Galaxy App Booster

Why did you plug in the device? You don't need to do that. Simply turn off the device then press and hold Power and Volume up and once you see the Samsung logo let go of the bottoms, boom you're in recovery.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Why did you plug in the device? You don't need to do that. Simply turn off the device then press and hold Power and Volume up and once you see the Samsung logo let go of the bottoms, boom you're in recovery.

The worldwide, international, devices need to be connected via USB to boot into Recovery Mode. The U.S. versions do not.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Strange, I wonder why?

Some years ago, I was given to understand that the stock, Samsung, firmware introduced this to help prevent accidental or malicious resetting of the devices. U.S. carriers declined this feature and so, by default, all U.S; and possibly Canadian, devices, do not feature this.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Some years ago, I was given to understand that the stock, Samsung, firmware introduced this to help prevent accidental or malicious resetting of the devices. U.S. carriers declined this feature and so, by default, all U.S; and possibly Canadian, devices, do not feature this.

Not a terrible idea, but asking for your pin before you can factory reset seems like a better solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d