Wireless Android Auto

bill-e

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi Folks, just a PSA here.

Today I was able to wirelessly connect my S21Ultra to my Ram Uconnect 12" head unit using a device called AAWireless.

Setup was straight forward and quick and no settings needed to be changed on my phone as I already had Android Auto toggled on for Wifi. My phone did need to BT pair with the AAWireless dongle but that was it.

Now every time I get into my truck my phone and Android Auto automatically connects to the AAWireless dongle and thus to my head unit. Android Auto over WiFi does not display any of the USB connection issues we've been suffering through.

Mgteggy01

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I too just received a AAwireless unit after purchasing it around June and loving it so far as well! I like how fast it connects!

I've been experiencing 1 minor issue though, when you turn off your car and walk away , does your phone keep Google Maps running in the status bar ?

8/10 times I have to "exit navigation" from the status bar or else maps drains battery on my phone. I don't know why sometimes I don't have this issue. Curious if you've noticed this on your phone? I have a s21.

Mgteggy01

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes , bill-e is right. I ordered my AA wireless back in April for June estimated delivery but didn't receive it until October. However , great product and the developer is very upfront and honest about any potential delays.

For anyone that maybe curious about my previous issue about the Google notification running ... I ended up turning off the notification and that got it to stop showing up. It doesn't appear to be running in the background anymore , but a few more days of usage will tell me for sure.

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
This seems like a pretty good device however I wish I had wireless charging for my 2020 Charger. And I don't like those gimmicky phone holders with wireless charging...
Has anyone experienced excessive battery drain?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya