Work around/fix for Brighthouse Live TV app [rooted users]

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
To all Brighthouse Network subscribers, a work around has been found to get the BHN app to work on our rooted Transformers. (* This may also work for other tablets and other cable providers apps.*) For anybody who's wondering what I'm talking about, Brighthouse Networks blocked access to their Live TV streaming app for rooted users, even if you're signed in and on your home network. Well the people who are TWC subscribers are seeing the same thing with their Live TV streaming app on rooted devices, but were able to find a fix that works for our BHN app also. Follow the link, follow the step by step instructions and give the guys thanks if it works for you. I'm posting this because I see there were a lot of Brighthouse users who were leaving comments in the Play Store, that this app wasn't working on their Transformers. I'm running EOS JellyBean build #55 and can confirm that its working xda-developers - View Single Post - Time Warner App for Rooted Users [Updated 4.19.12] and running great.

P.S...You will also have to disable USB Debugging before you can start watching your shows, but you will be prompted on when to do it.

Screenshot_2012-07-29-07-26-39.png

conflitm749

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm working with ice cream sandwich cyogenmod on an hp touchpad...very new to all this, not sure how to rename the superuser file nor how to change the build.prop test-keys setting to blank...can you give me more details/step by step?

Ginny Schmidt

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
i clicked the button where it said "Register to view link" and got through that, so it repeated the above message, with words in blue where the button had been. Hard to say exactly which blue words you are supposed to click on, but i hit somewhere in the middle and got a screen with a bad picture of a guy's face and what I suppose were instructions, for people who know how to read Greek. Since I had no idea what he was talking about - I am not exactly technically challenged, at least for my age (elderly), but what the man says he did to get a live stream was incomprehensible to me and therefore of no use at all. I really was hoping to be able to watch TV on a TV app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali