Using cheapo extended battery with OEM extended door?

lukesed

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking at the Amazon reviews for the off-brand extended batteries, and most of the problems people are having seem to be with the doors having bad antennas, not with the battery itself. The OEM extended door is for sale on buy.com:
Buy.com - HTC OEM XT Battery Door for HTC Thunderbolt - Accommodates extended battery HTC Item #74H01885-00M

I was thinking of using it with something like this:
Replacement 3500mAh Extended Battery for Thunderbolt 4G | eBay

Does anyone have any experience using a cheap battery with the stock door?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Try it and see. But you are spending $25 here, and for $10 you could find the oem battery and door.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I doubt that battery will have anywhere near 3500 mAh. It's probably well below 3000 and it will probably only last a couple months. If it weren't for having to spend $20 for the door, it may be worth the risk, but IMO, you may as well spend the extra cash and get the OEM extended, which is an excellent battery and seems to be true to it's rating. I'm not sure how this works, but the OEM extended is rated at about twice the capacity, but I seem to be getting three to four times the use out of it. For the $37 I spent on it (I get a discount), it has been well worth it to me.

I could totally be wrong...maybe the eBay battery will last for a long time, but with the OEM extended battery priced as low as it is (it's seriously a steal, even at $50!), I wouldn't take the chance, personally.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Do mean like in an alley somewhere? I can't find anything near $10 online.
I think he meant 'for an additional $10'. If you buy 3 accessories from Verizon, you get 25% off on all 3, bringing the price of the OEM extended battery & door down to $37.50.

Thanks, Robrecht

michaelvendeville

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I bought two extended batteries on ebay for 17 had to get the htc battery and door. now have 3 extended batteries. All work good. Just get the extended door. I also have three cheap slim batteries for like 12 bucks. I get 20 hours with them. Came from droidx. Battery last longer on tbolt. I am rooted stock removed vzw bloat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20