Verizon Extended Battery Case makes power button difficult

adrienqa66

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I just received Verizon's extended battery and door combo. I also bought Verizon's High Gloss Silicone case, which is a soft but firm plastic.

I'm very disappointed in the case, because it makes the power button pretty much unusable. I'm able to successfully do quick clicks to lock the screen. But it's very difficult to press to get to the power screen - power off, airplane mode, restart.

The extended battery door does make the power button more "flush" with the phone.

I'm able to operate the button satisfactorily without the case.

Does anyone have any advice?
Is this how all the extended battery cases operate?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen the case. I do know Siedo (spelling) has a case that fits the extended battery as well. Saw it on this site. I don't know if it will have the same issues. You can return it. Might want to go into a store and show them. Maybe try another one immediately while still in the store and might fit better.
You know how a pair of jeans are.......same size but one can fit a little different. The same might be for that case !

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same tpu case from VZW. My power button is much harder to press as well. I just got in a habit of activating the power button with my fingernail. Zero visible wear using this method. My gf has the non extended batt version of this case and her power button requires slightly less pressure. So its possible another case may be more suitable to you.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem like that with the casemate pop case. What I did was take a little silicon and fill in the inside of the cases power button. It adds a nice cushion and makes the button much more responsive. You can go to any hardware store and get it. Aquarium silicon or the stuff they use to seal around bath tubs and stuff like that... comes in a squeeze tube.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You know how a pair of jeans are.......same size but one can fit a little different. The same might be for that case !

Only if your name is J.Lo.

My issue is that I have a case and I also have the docking station....I have to remove my case from the phone before I can charge it...on the docking station. I can always just use the cord only, but that defeats the purpose of the docking station. I know one day the case is going to wear out...but, anywho....all's good!.

I went to get a screen protector for my phone....the guy put the shiny one on.....ewww!...I like the "frosted" one....didn't show fingerprints at all!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Cyber,

This is the one I have.
My Case

Edit: That Incipio case is sweet!
Oh okay... _that case should have no problem fitting the Seidio dock. Its made to use with only Seidio cases but as long as the case isnt any larger they seem to work.

This is the case I'm using with the dock: Incipio HTC Thunderbolt SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core, HTC Thunderbolt Cases, HTC Thunderbolt Soft Shell Case, HTC Thunderbolt Hard Shell Case, HTC Thunderbolt Carrying Cases, HTC Thunderbolt Premium Cases
White n grey case... Its nice.