Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Seidio charging vault

I just received an e-mail from Seidio about their new product: https://www.seidioonline.com/Product...ode=BD2-PBPT22

Looks like a great accessory for a ThunderBolt instead of having to get an extended battery. Are their any competing products to this? I'd like to compare before purchasing, but this looks to be just what I need (extra juice, easily usable by other family members, and uses my existing phone shell and holster).
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.
    Pretty good member

Global Posts
    917 Global Posts

Yes, there are quite a few competitors in all different sizes. That one is expensive for what you get. It will only charge an empty phone once (lots of wasted mAhs with these kinds of chargers) and I would typically like to have much more reserve for laptops and other cell phones.

For example, the i.Sound Portable Power Max 8,000 mAh model is available on Amazon for $50. The model that has twice the capacity (16,000 mAh) is $75.

Thanks, Robrecht
    Last edited by robrecht; 10-12-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Seidio charging vault

I found an Energizer unit in the same power range at Tuesday Morning stores for $19.95. Only issue is it uses a Mini USB to charge instead of micro, but I have two older Blackberry chargers that will handle it. For the price of the Seidio, I'd look at the I.Sound or the New Trent 11,000 mAh unit.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
    Yes, there are quite a few competitors in all different sizes. That one is expensive for what you get. It will only charge an empty phone once (lots of wasted mAhs with these kinds of chargers) and I would typically like to have much more reserve for laptops and other cell phones.

For example, the i.Sound Portable Power Max 8,000 mAh model is available on Amazon for $50. The model that has twice the capacity (16,000 mAh) is $75.

Thanks, Robrecht
    ^^ this. Also Verizon has one that is like $35 with a 20% discount.
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

I have a Lenmar unit. Very compact. About 1/2 the price and a bit more capacity. I use it when I'm camping. It is good for two full recharges.
    Newegg.com - LENMAR PPU2400B 2400mAh Lithium Rechargeable Batteries & Charger Kit