1620mAh battery from the Rezound works well

stormwrx

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I heard on another forum that the 1620 mAh battery from the HTC Rezound fits in our Thunderbolts, so I thought I would order it and give it a shot:

https://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-rezound-standard-battery-1620-mah.html

I received it a couple days ago and it fit perfectly in my Thunderbolt. Before trying out the new battery, I fully charged it and did a battery calibration. I am running Slayer's 10/2 build of CM7, with Imoseyon's 5.0.3 AOSP kernel set at a max of 1.2 ghz, a min of 245 mhz, and the smartassv2 governor.

Yesterday, I managed just under 16 hours of usage in a 4G LTE area. At times, the reception wasn't the greatest, either. My usage consisted of about 2.5 hours of web browsing, 30 minutes of navigation, about 30 minutes worth of phone calls, and random checking / responding to e-mails and text messages all day. On the stock 1400 mAh battery, I would be lucky to get about 12-14 hours under similar usage.

The 1620 mAh battery has about 15.7% more capacity than the stock 1400 mAh battery. Also, since I bought my Thunderbolt on launch day (3/17/11), the stock battery was probably a little tired after 9 months of heavy usage. So, to the extent my battery life improvement was beyond 15.7%, that extra improvement can be attributed to replacing the old battery with a new one.

So, although the above is hardly scientific, the 1620 mAh HTC Rezound battery really helped my battery life. It worked way better than the crap Seidio stock-sized extra capacity battery that I tried and returned several months ago.

jeckel51

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Battery does fit. Mine is charging right now. Verizon Corporate store is selling 4g batteries 50% off. Grabbed the rezound battery for 19.99.

jeckel51

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
ok. so i calibrated the battery first and erased the battery stats to start off with a clean slate. this has cycled through once. a complete drain and a complete charge. it took 2 hours for it to even drop from 100% to 99%. im going on 13 hours with 20% remaining. Some of this can be from it being a new battery, but not all of it. i was lucky to get 8 to 10 hours. so this is a significant improvement. so buy these up guys. calibrate it first and if your rooted erase your battery stats and let me know your results

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
15 hours, 30% remaining, moderate usage. I used to get 12 hours max with the same usage. I'm only on my first discharge cycle...

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I went ahead and ordered one of these to try out. I'm going to have more batteries than I will ever know what to do with...lol!

Interestingly, it appears that you can't put the TB battery in the Rezound or it causes an error. Strange that it can work the other way, but whatever!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered a couple from Verizon. Will be a nice addition to the two standard and one extended I already have that are kept charged via a Seidio Multi-function battery charger. I expect to use the extended a lot less now (only when I know I'll be away from power for a while), since I've been getting pretty decent battery life (24+ hours) with the standard Thunderbolt battery. Since I plan to keep the Thunderbolt for a while, it's good to have extra batteries in the event one fails, especially higher rated ones that work with the standard cover (the hump with the extended is kind of ugly). :)

As to the Thunderbolt standard battery not working in the Rezound, I'd bet it's because of some type of logic check to ensure a capacity rating of at least 1620 mAh or higher.

mike.s

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered from the verizon website for $19.99. I went to the verizon store earlier today and they told me it was $39.99.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Those bastages...they had it marked down to $29.99 when I ordered and then lowered it to $19.99 within a few hours afterwards. I hope they made an adjustment...I'm going to have to check on that!

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Those bastages...they had it marked down to $29.99 when I ordered and then lowered it to $19.99 within a few hours afterwards. I hope they made an adjustment...I'm going to have to check on that!
Call Customer Service and they will credit your account. Otherwise, I doubt they would notice.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Free Rezound Battery

So I noticed in the past few days that my launch-day battery has been performing very poorly. Brought it into the local corporate store for a warranty replacement. I had not noticed it, but the lady in the store said that it was bulging a little bit so they would replace it without the need for a test call drain down. They didn't have any ThunderBolt batteries in stock so she said they would send me one. But I asked if she could give me a Rezound battery instead. She did't know they were the same size so she wanted to test it first to make sure it fit and that the phone turned on, which of course it did. So she happily gave me a new Rezound battery to replace my ThunderBolt battery. That's one of the reasos why I like doing business with Verizon. I only paid $10 for that battery (-25%, -$19.99 after they started sellig them to others for 50% off) and I had probably damaged the battery by draining it down too far too many times, but Verizon values its long-term relationships so they bend over backwards to keep reasonable customers happy.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That's really nice that they did that, but why can't the reps know this stuff?
Most reps just don't know that much. They are not paid that well. Retail is just like that. But there are also some exceptional reps. Sometimes you have to go through a couple of ignorant ones before you find a knowledgeable and truly helpful rep.

Thanks, Robrecht

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci