1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Xenon HD JellyBean

Default Any good Shell/Holster for extended battery?

Finally caved in and got the extended battery, which is a great buy at Verizon corporate stores right now at $24.99. But now my shell holster combo I had doesn't fit, and I was wondering if their was an inexpensive option out there that works great????

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Default Re: Any good Shell/Holster for extended battery?

Quote Originally Posted by jd07bos View Post
    Finally caved in and got the extended battery, which is a great buy at Verizon corporate stores right now at $24.99. But now my shell holster combo I had doesn't fit, and I was wondering if their was an inexpensive option out there that works great????
    VZW has a shell holster combo that is made for the extended battery. Also, I really like the Seidio cases that are made for the extended battery.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Xenon HD JellyBean

I have been looking at the seidio cases but they cover the original kickstand and I listen to Sirius alot at work and it sounds so much better open. I will check out verizon's website

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I haven't bought one yet, but I am probably getting a Trident Electra. It comes with an aftermarket extended battery, and its back replaces the HTC back do you can use the original kickstand. Though they list for $70, I see them on Amazon recently for $40.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jd07bos View Post
    Loving my Seidio Active case. It doesn't add much bulk at all for the protection, and the case/holster build quality is just top-notch.

PS: I just noticed your mention of covering the kickstand. Maybe you'd notice a difference, but I sure don't. However, you can leave the "skeleton" off and the original kickstand is fully exposed. The Active comes as two parts - a soft rubbery cover, and a hard "skeleton" that fits over it. The skeleton cover is NOT required to use the phone with the holster.

Several people have mentioned just Dremel-ing or otherwise removing the plastic kickstand from the skeleton, and looking at the unit it seems like that would be pretty easy. But I like the plastic kickstand now that I'm used to it, so I'll save that option for when it inevitably breaks.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Loving my Seidio Active case. It doesn't add much bulk at all for the protection, and the case/holster build quality is just top-notch.
    This case is awesome

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

I use the Sedio case and really like it. I use the kickstand all the time to listen to pandora or google music and it doesnt make it quiet at all.

I just looked at the Trident case I may spend the money and pick up one of those instead.
    Motorola Q > Blackberry Pearl > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Storm 2 > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Note 2