Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Seidio Accessories for ThunderBolt

Seidio has their accessories page up for the ThunderBolt seidioonline.com so for me the extd battery from HTC seems to be the right option.

Seidio is only showing a slim 1600 mAh battery for $49.95, seems to not be worth the price for very little extra capacity.

However, it does beg the question, why stock only a 1400mAh battery on such a phone if a 1600 mAh that is the same slim size was available? You'd think HTC would want to ship it with the most powerful battery that can fit in the phone smoothly to minimize the risk of complaints the battery cannot last a full day.

An extra 200mAh is worth it I think. I don't want to get a new battery cover and ruin the slim(esque) form factor.

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by asianrage View Post
    An extra 200mAh is worth it I think. I don't want to get a new battery cover and ruin the slim(esque) form factor.
    There's a lot of argument over whether these Seido batteries actually add any usage time to your phone over stock batteries for the price.

Valid point. So is it all hype and no substance?

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

I think unless you pay for the extended battery and get the bigger battery door then its not really a big difference.

Yeah, looks like I'm going to wait and see if anyone buy it first.

I bought from seidio for my blackberry and from the reviews I heard for the 1600 wasn't a big jump from the original battery so i got the 2600 i think it was. thicker battery and different case

Waitin for otter box cases,dont like sedio cases,otter boxes cases look better built to me.But thxz for the wisdom on the batts!!!

200 mAh more , will add how many hours to your day?
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by galpdawg View Post
    200 mAh more , will add how many hours to your day?
    Well assuming (this is the key word, since different companies rate their batteries much more generally) the quality of the seidio is the same as the OEM HTC battery-
    14.3% longer operation.

So if a OTM battery lasts you 12 hours, the 1600 extended will last 13.7 hours.

Seidio looks to be planning to ship all Thunderbolt cases/screen accessories starting this Friday. Which means you should have stuff at launch date ready to use!

just pre ordered my purple innocase
    *PHILLIES* *FLYERS* *EAGLES*
    "The Island brought us here"...got LOST
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,537 Global Posts

Thanks for the info here! I'm thinking about getting san extended battery right away!

I just pre-ordered cases for Hubby and me! Innocase II in black for Him, and purple for me!

what I would like but not have seen yet is a charging cradle. I have one for my blackberry and would love to have one for the tbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooch10 View Post
    what I would like but not have seen yet is a charging cradle. I have one for my blackberry and would love to have one for the tbolt.
    Me too, but for the time being I bought the XL eze stand! Should do the trick
    til the make one, and hopefully they will!

read battery comparisons ..no difference..no observable difference I should say
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Seidio has their accessories page up for the ThunderBolt seidioonline.com so for me the extd battery from HTC seems to be the right option.

Seidio is only showing a slim 1600 mAh battery for $49.95, seems to not be worth the price for very little extra capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngtr View Post
    There's a lot of argument over whether these Seido batteries actually add any usage time to your phone over stock batteries for the price.
    I personally have found that the measly 200mAh are worth the extra 50$ I have increased my usage and still by the end of the day I have a larger batter percentage.

I do realise that I never fully gave the OEM batt long enough charging cycles (7days) to fully know the full capabilities, but after 8 days now with the 1600, I know that I have made the right choice and that is on top of taxing the battery harder now.

plus a note: I am coming from a Droid Eris so I pretty much know all the settings to maximize the battery life. I used the same settings with both batteries.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

Quote Originally Posted by tropper View Post
    I personally have found that the measly 200mAh are worth the extra 50$ I have increased my usage and still by the end of the day I have a larger batter percentage.

I do realise that I never fully gave the OEM batt long enough charging cycles (7days) to fully know the full capabilities, but after 8 days now with the 1600, I know that I have made the right choice and that is on top of taxing the battery harder now.

plus a note: I am coming from a Droid Eris so I pretty much know all the settings to maximize the battery life. I used the same settings with both batteries.
    In my testing, I found the HTC and Seidio batteries to be virtually identical (the HTC battery came out slightly ahead, actually). If you are still within the return window for the Seidio, it might be worth $50 to give the HTC battery a second look.