Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default vehicle dash mount

anyone seen a car dash mount for TB yet? My car does not have GPS or XM, so I'm hoping to use the TB to do both. Would need a good dash mount though.
    NCX

ROM
    AOKP M5

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post
    anyone seen a car dash mount for TB yet? My car does not have GPS or XM, so I'm hoping to use the TB to do both. Would need a good dash mount though.
    according to the leaked Verizon inventory screenshot, there will be one, but we don't know what it will be like

HTC6400MNT was the model number i believe
    NCX Designs - Themes for your Droid Incredible & ThunderBolt - See my collection here
    Sigs should be graphics, not text!!

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

I like!! Now I can kick my crappy GPS to the curb!

I'm getting one too, it looks really nice actually

I have the Vehicle mount and I love it. It does support charging the device as well. I wish it didn't go to navigation mode, but you can still access recent apps ion the notification bar. Overall I'm really pleased.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

I have Custom Car Home installed, and when I put the TBolt in the dock it automatically switches to that.

i have the car dock....awsome, looks smooth unlike those universal ones. good item to pick up. esp with the specials they got with new phones
    Pretty good member

I wish it would attach to HVAC vents like some of the universal mounts. I hate the look of the charging cord hanging from the windshield. The HTC unit can also be mounted to the dash by means of adhesive but that won't work well in some cars.

this is the exact one im looking for but don't see it anywhere, checked 2 vzw stores, ebay, google, and vzw online but see it nowhere ... anybody anywhere seen it in any stores or online? i'd really like to get one ... not crazy about the $30 price though would rather see it in the $15-20 range, but if i can only find it for $30 guess i'll be paying, would like to find the best deal though, if anybody sees anything about this mount please let us know!!!
    Thanked by:

This is the best mount ever. Tetrax. Check out my review.

and

ROM
    Stock

The mount available from Verizon:

Window Mount $29.99

hey guys does the mount swivel for horizontal viewing?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg384 View Post
    hey guys does the mount swivel for horizontal viewing?
    Yes it does

I used my car mount today for the first time today! The only thing I am bummed about is the phone doesn't fit with my Seidio Innocase II on. It is a real pain to have to take your case off everytime you want to use the car mount! Other than that I loved it!

ROM
    MMuzzy's 4.1.2

Smile Is that not true

Quote Originally Posted by delynnie View Post
    I used my car mount today for the first time today! The only thing I am bummed about is the phone doesn't fit with my Seidio Innocase II on. It is a real pain to have to take your case off everytime you want to use the car mount! Other than that I loved it!
    Is that not true for all car mounts? All docks? all phone, Zune, MP3 players, etc... ?
    Pretty good member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTBoltOwner View Post
    this is the exact one im looking for but don't see it anywhere, checked 2 vzw stores, ebay, google, and vzw online but see it nowhere ... anybody anywhere seen it in any stores or online? i'd really like to get one ... not crazy about the $30 price though would rather see it in the $15-20 range, but if i can only find it for $30 guess i'll be paying, would like to find the best deal though, if anybody sees anything about this mount please let us know!!!
    Both the corporate stores near me in Central Jersey have them in stock. If you call Verizon, they will find a way of getting one to you. They're very good at this kind of thing.
    Pretty good member

Quote Originally Posted by gobluejd View Post
    This is the best mount ever. Tetrax. Check out my review.

and

This is a fantastic approach for a relatively clean looking set-up. Great review too (except for the 'Go Blue' comment; ND here).

I assume there's no concern about the powerful magnet affecting data, programs on the SD card, internal memory, etc.

Thanks, Robrecht

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Two local Verizon stores by me both had it.

Does the mount from VZW charge the phone while it is in the dock? Or rather, does it have a spot to plug a car charger into?

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheeta186 View Post
    Does the mount from VZW charge the phone while it is in the dock? Or rather, does it have a spot to plug a car charger into?
    The charger plugs into the mount directly. When the phone is docked it is charging.

My local store has them but I wasn't happy about the $30 either but would love to have one. It doesn't work if I have my phone in a case. Gotta go nude to use it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,646 Global Posts

I got the iGrip mount from VZW. Same brand I used with my Tour. It works great! I love that when it's put into the mount, navigation auto starts.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gobluejd View Post
    This is the best mount ever. Tetrax.
    Think I'll be going with the FIXway option. Love the clean look and best of all, it works with a case. Thanks for sharing your review; wouldn't have known about it otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by pjo1966 View Post
    Two local Verizon stores by me both had it.
    I think it is pure luck whether they will have it or not, I'm not in any kind of overly populated area therefore I don't think this phone was anticipated to sell huge numbers of units where I'm at so the stores are lagging a bit in the accessories and what not, I tried a 3rd store today and they didn't have it either but they told me they ordered some and would hopefully have them later this week.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast