Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any good armbands for the TBolt?

I'm going to start training for a 10k soon. Normally when I run I listen to music. Well that stopped when there was about 8+" of snow on the ground, and when I lost my iPod.

I'm up for a new phone and really want to get the TBolt as soon as I can. I want to use it when I work out (will carry a battery charger and turn off most radio signals). But does anyone know if there is a good, quality armband that can work well with the Thunderbolt and other large smartphones? Would an armband that works with an Evo 4G work? or am I going to have to wait longer to find one for the TBolt?

I haven't seen any specifically for the TBolt but that could be because the phone isn't released yet. Check back when the phone comes out. Or you can check out a 3rd party one. Like a one size fit all kind of thing.

Sent from my INCredible phone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I'm planning on finding a 3rd party one since most Android devices (other than cases) rarely get custom accessories. But it seems I can't find one that's actually worth it, I've gone to Amazon to find something, but there's always enough bad reviews to make me question on getting it.

Anyone found this yet? Spring is here and it is time for me to start my annual Operation A$$ Reduction. Need to hit the streeets running!

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

I'm using the larger tunebelt. It doesn't move on my arm when I'm running up and down south mountain.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I found these on Amazon.com

Amazon.com: thunderbolt armband

Found a post for one also. I just wonder if they can be used with a cover on the phone.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

This is the one you want. Fits like a glove, does not move, feels great.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    This is the one you want. Fits like a glove, does not move, feels great.
    Do you have a case on your phone? If so, does it still fit? I had the smaller version of this for my OG Droid and liked it. Just would rather not have to remove my case form my phone to be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by miss chris View Post
    Do you have a case on your phone? If so, does it still fit? I had the smaller version of this for my OG Droid and liked it. Just would rather not have to remove my case form my phone to be able to use it.
    According to the item description it states that it fits phones in protective cases.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    According to the item description it states that it fits phones in protective cases.
    I saw that, but the reviews do not concur.
    Thanked by:

I saw that, but the reviews do not concur.
    I'm glad you caught that. I wasn't even looking at the reviews (which is odd cause I always look first) and was pretty close to getting one for my wife.

Thanks

I'm kinda torn. Pretty pricey just to try out. I think I am going to wait and get some real like TB user reviews.

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

I'm kinda torn. Pretty pricey just to try out. I think I am going to wait and get some real like TB user reviews.
    Check these out... they are great for runners and the TB will fit with a case.

My wife got one for free in her last 1/2 marathon and I confiscated it for my runs. It is very small and unobtrusive. If you can live with it not being on your arm then I think you'll like it.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

It fit my Fascinate w/ the Verizon High Gloss Silicon TPU case, but the TB's probably going to be too big. You might be able to stuff it, but it fits great without a case and I don't mind pulling it off and on...takes 2 seconds.

The speaker gets muffled though. I couldn't really hear Runkeeper's distance/time markers. I might mess w/ cutting a hole out there.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Wow...I read that a few times, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    Wow...I read that a few times, lol.
    Impressive, because I could not even get through it once!

I just ordered this one. I will report back once I have received it and tried it out.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

^^That looks pretty awesome.

I just ordered this one. I will report back once I have received it and tried it out.
    Finger's crossed it works well with a case. I like that one.

Got it in the mail yesterday. I have not run with it yet, but the phone does fit in with a case on. It is a little too tall for the opening so the flap that is supposed to close over the top comes up a little short. Not a big deal unless you run in the rain. Well made and nice looking. Comfy on my arm as well. I think it was a good purchase!
    Thanked by:

I got that one today tried it and will be returning it ASAP. It doesn't have any stretch to it, so it fits uncomfortably... you can't access the notifications bar or menu buttons while in the case... it's really easy to pull out of the case but i'd rather not do that all the time.

Hmm... Interesting. I am going out running today and will give it more of a look over. I set my SportsTracker program before I put it in the case and I control the music from my headphones so no need to access the controls while on the move. I will report back on comfort later today.

Well, I have taken the case for a spin. I have to agree with tommyboy in that it would be nice if it had more stretch. But overall I am pretty pleased and will be keeping the case.

Well, I have taken the case for a spin. I have to agree with tommyboy in that it would be nice if it had more stretch. But overall I am pretty pleased and will be keeping the case.
    Are you able to post a pic of it inside the armband with the phone in a case.

Thanks,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast