Review wanted on Seidio 1600mah extended battery

rotorocker

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
obviously this looks like a minor upgrade from the stock battery, but no way in heck am I going to get the huge battery with the bulging cover. I'm trying to see how much more this extends it to see if it is worth purchasing. I figure someone here had to of purchased it and I would love a review in the next couple days. Thanks!

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
i will def get it, the media dock is out of stock currently, i saw the extended in store an nope, not gonna ugly up my phone an have a weird buldge in my pocket...so far my battery life is doin pretty good...

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
you won't notice a difference from that battery and stock... It's just like buying a second oem battery to switch throughout the day

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
obviously this looks like a minor upgrade from the stock battery, but no way in heck am I going to get the huge battery with the bulging cover. I'm trying to see how much more this extends it to see if it is worth purchasing. I figure someone here had to of purchased it and I would love a review in the next couple days. Thanks!

Mine is getting its first charge right now. I have some time off work on Monday and Tuesday, so I will do some rundown testing for you guys and do a comparison.

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
and you know how? do you have a 1600 battery? or are you guessing?

I know because I have had the Seidio huge battery on my Storm 2 and when I bought my Droid 2 I opted for the slim 1600 extended to save the form factor. No noticable difference in performance. Used it from Oct 23- Mar 17. So I know from experience bud.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I have always had a noticeable difference with all my Seidio batteries. I will typically get an extra hour to an hour and a half. Not a huge difference but worth it for me when I'm trying to just get through the day at work. It has made all the difference a couple of times when in meetings.

I realize this has not been everyone's experience but it had been mine. And I really don't care about all the different articles out there about quality and type of materials and such. Cause my results were real and I'm the type of person who returns things all the time when I'm not impressed by their results.

Ordered mine. Should have it by next Wednesday.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought 3 Seidio 'extended life slim' batteries for my last phone. Don't know if there's any noticable difference from stock (3rd party tests haven't demonstrated this) but after about 8 months of use, they were pretty much worthless, each only lasting for a couple of hours. Seidio only has a 6-month warranty on their batteries, while Verizon has a 12-month warranty on the OEM batteries they sell.

You can get the OEM HTC battery on-line for $30 or from Verizon (25% off when you buy 3 accessories), while the Seidio battery is $50.

I didn't like the pictures of the HTC 2750 mAh fat battery, but it didn't look as bad in person. I could live with it on long trips as one of my back-ups. But I also got a 2nd stock size batter as another back-up 'cause most of the time I will much prefer the stock size battery. Biggist problem will be getting the PIA battery door off the phone to pop in a replacement battery.

elai1108

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have always had a noticeable difference with all my Seidio batteries. I will typically get an extra hour to an hour and a half. Not a huge difference but worth it for me when I'm trying to just get through the day at work. It has made all the difference a couple of times when in meetings.

I realize this has not been everyone's experience but it had been mine. And I really don't care about all the different articles out there about quality and type of materials and such. Cause my results were real and I'm the type of person who returns things all the time when I'm not impressed by their results.

Ordered mine. Should have it by next Wednesday.
Let us know how this 1600mah battery performs. I'm very interested in your findings!

Reactions: Jeffdubya757

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I conditioned the Seidio battery last night thru this afternoon, just as I had done with the HTC battery. When I first installed the Seidio, the phone indicated a 22% charge.

Plugged the phone in for 8 continuous hours, per the instructions on Seidio's packaging (the charging LED turned green after about 2.5 hours). Then turned it off and bumped charged it (it took about another 25 minutes to turn green again once the phone was off). Unplugged and booted the phone, let it run down to 95%, then turned it off and bump charged it again. This time it took about 15 minutes for the LED to go green.

Finally, unplugged the phone and let it run down to zero. I taxed it pretty hard so that it would die before I went to bed. Only took about 4 hours running Pandora with auto-lock off and screen brightness at 25% under 4G. Also streamed a podcast via bluetooth (display off) for about 30 minutes during that span.

Put it on the charger for another 8 hours while I slept. The phone has now been unplugged for 4.75 hours, and shows a charge of 58%. Roughly half of that time was on 4G, with the other half on WiFi. I have had some fairly heavy usage, with about 10 text messages, 30 minutes of web browsing, 30 minutes of Twitter, 30 minutes of Google Listen playback thru external speakers via 3.5mm jack, 30 minutes of Bluetooth audio streaming in my vehicle, and 2 podcast downloads over WiFi that totaled 135MB. All things considered, I think that's pretty respectable battery life.

This is all anecdotal, of course, so the real test will be on Monday and Tuesday when I perform more formal comparisons between the HTC and Seidio batteries. Until then, I don't feel strongly enough either way to express an opinion. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
THANKS ! MLP . Will be looking out on Monday & Tuesday, did some nice tweaking today and the 1400 is doing me wonders right now.

Thinking about getting the 1600, so I'll wait till your done. That 2750 is worth it , but that big battery door is a no-no.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
THANKS ! MLP . Will be looking out on Monday & Tuesday, did some nice tweaking today and the 1400 is doing me wonders right now.

Thinking about getting the 1600, so I'll wait till your done. That 2750 is worth it , but that big battery door is a no-no.

I conditioned mine and my wife's original batterys last night into this morning. I did the long charge with phones on while we were sleeping and finished it when we got up. I finished it up around 8:30 this morning. We both have been doing what I consider average usage for us (surfing a few web sites, checking out my Apps in the market, setting up our ringtones, texting back and forth with friends, played Angry Birds for a little bit) and my battery still shows 80%. I personally think it made a big differenceso far but then again it could be wishful thinking on my part but I'm a happy man.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow, thanks Jedi !

So you think it's a noticeable difference between the 1400 ?

Thing is I am scared to buy it and not get the same results as you, I mainly text, use the web when not at home.

My conditioning method is : Charge till green when on, turn off phone, charge till green, and turn back on, is that good? It's good for me, just not sure if it works for the 1600 battery

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Wow, thanks Jedi !

So you think it's a noticeable difference between the 1400 ?

Thing is I am scared to buy it and not get the same results as you, I mainly text, use the web when not at home.

My conditioning method is : Charge till green when on, turn off phone, charge till green, and turn back on, is that good? It's good for me, just not sure if it works for the 1600 battery

Ice, I hope you didn't misread my post. I was talking about the stock 1400 battery. I am waiting to see what others think of the 1600 before I decide whether or not to get it.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I conditioned the Seidio battery last night thru this afternoon, just as I had done with the HTC battery. When I first installed the Seidio, the phone indicated a 22% charge.

Plugged the phone in for 8 continuous hours, per the instructions on Seidio's packaging (the charging LED turned green after about 2.5 hours). Then turned it off and bumped charged it (it took about another 25 minutes to turn green again once the phone was off). Unplugged and booted the phone, let it run down to 95%, then turned it off and bump charged it again. This time it took about 15 minutes for the LED to go green.

Finally, unplugged the phone and let it run down to zero. I taxed it pretty hard so that it would die before I went to bed. Only took about 4 hours running Pandora with auto-lock off and screen brightness at 25% under 4G. Also streamed a podcast via bluetooth (display off) for about 30 minutes during that span.

Put it on the charger for another 8 hours while I slept. The phone has now been unplugged for 4.75 hours, and shows a charge of 58%. Roughly half of that time was on 4G, with the other half on WiFi. I have had some fairly heavy usage, with about 10 text messages, 30 minutes of web browsing, 30 minutes of Twitter, 30 minutes of Google Listen playback thru external speakers via 3.5mm jack, 30 minutes of Bluetooth audio streaming in my vehicle, and 2 podcast downloads over WiFi that totaled 135MB. All things considered, I think that's pretty respectable battery life.

This is all anecdotal, of course, so the real test will be on Monday and Tuesday when I perform more formal comparisons between the HTC and Seidio batteries. Until then, I don't feel strongly enough either way to express an opinion. Stay tuned.

Is this the 2750 or the 1600?

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
The "conditioning" aka "bump charging" only needs to be done one time, correct?

From all the posts I have read the bump charging process of plugging it in while it's on until the light turns green and then turning it off...etc, etc, etc, is only done once but I think if your sitting in your office and you plug it in for some minutes (small bump charge) I think that is ok. I could be wrong but that's what I have been doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12