Primo Power Core External Charger

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone purchased one yet? Primo Power Core 8200mAh External Battery Backup Just curious if this might be better option then a extended battery if you desire to have a Seidio or high end case that wouldn't work in that case.

Anyways never used any type of portable charging system but would this allow you to recharge your phone 4-5 times before you need to recharge the system? Price is pretty hefty at $99 but being it would not be limited to just recharging my phone maybe a solid long term investment?

Love to hear feedback from anyone who has ordered or already owns this item or something very similar would be good enough for me.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've used something like it before. It will just charge up your phone w/out having to have it plugged into a wall. It's nice for long trips or say if you're going camping or something. It's up to you to decide on what one you get and if it's worth the money for the more expensive ones. I personal am pleased with the xpal one i bought a year or so back.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone purchased one yet? Primo Power Core 8200mAh External Battery Backup Just curious if this might be better option then a extended battery if you desire to have a Seidio or high end case that wouldn't work in that case.

Anyways never used any type of portable charging system but would this allow you to recharge your phone 4-5 times before you need to recharge the system? Price is pretty hefty at $99 but being it would not be limited to just recharging my phone maybe a solid long term investment?

Love to hear feedback from anyone who has ordered or already owns this item or something very similar would be good enough for me.
I was seriously considering this, not as an alternative to extended battery but as somthing to keep a spare battery charged up as a back-up. It's 8200 mAh so it must be fairly large, ie, something I'd keep in my bag or hotel when I'm traveling or maybe in a brief case, but not something I'd want to carry around with the phone.

But I'd like one of these with a couple of USB outputs so that I could charge both of my back-up batteries at the same time. There are lots of other options I've started to notice, in all different sizes. Here's a few of the 2-USB options I've seen, but there are others in all different sizes:

iGo 20k mAh universal laptop battery:
"iGo" Universal Laptop Battery at iGo, Inc.

GTMax 5k mAh 2 USB Port Universal External Rechargeable Backup Battery
Amazon.com: GTMax 2 USB Port Universal External Rechargeable Backup Battery for Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000, Galaxy Tab SCH-I800 - Verizon, Galaxy Tab SCH-I800 - U.S. Cellular, Galaxy Tab SGH-T849 - T-Mobile, Galaxy Tab SPH-P100 - Sprint: Electronics
- Currently unavailable on Amazon but looks cool

- There are cheap looking plastic versions of this available elsewhere for under $20 but they look really cheap; may work fine but I won't be associated with cheap looking electronics, lol. Here's a link for those who don't care about appearances:
Buy.com - 2 USB Port Universal Cellphone / iPod / iPhone External Rechargeable Backup Battery

I got one of these at Home Depot for $40 and it has (only one) USB outlet for charging or powering phones, 'though I'd be a little afraid to recharge an expensive, new ThunderBolt without first checking with an electrician or somebody that understands volts, amps, and that kind of thing. Too heavy to go backpacking with, but I keep it in the trunk of one of my cars.
Black & Decker Tools | 350 AMP Jump Starter JUS350B

TCUHornedFrog

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought the a 8900 mAh one from New Trent! I have already charged the spare batteries! And the 1st couple of days my battery only lasted a couple of hrs, so I was using it alot! I mainly got it for trips on an airplane so when you listen to music, you get off the plane with a full battery. Once on a 6 hr flt I went thru 2 batteries! I want to avoid that, and I think the external battery will do nicely! And you can charge 2 phones at the same time! :)

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of ordering one of these.
I'm going on an overnight road trip next week.

Does the Primo Power Core fit into a normal size blue jeans pant pocket?
I'd like to be able to charge the phone while still wearing it in the hip holster.
The New Trent and iSound devices with >8k mAh look too bulky and square to fit in a pocket.

The 5k mAh dual USB New Trent looks like it fits in a pocket, but I would like a longer lasting external battery charger.

Last edited:

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the Primo Power Core.
I'm planning to drive to Niagra Falls next week with some coworker.
This should keep my phone charged for the trip. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac