Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    mahst687's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Angry Extended battery beware!!!

    Anyway was so pumped to get extended battery today... however, I will be taking it back....

    Reason: The bulk it adds and thickness to the phone makes it impossible to use with any accessory. So if you want the car dock or soon to be out home multimedia dock, do not waste your money on the extended battery. The 2 docks were not designed for it and cannot be modified to use with them...
    Lastly, all cases until some third party designs something will not work either....

    The Question: Why make accessories that are oem and incompatible with one another... thanks verizon and htc for ruining my extended battery party in a world where all accessories work together...
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahst687 View Post

    The Question: Why make accessories that are oem and incompatible with one another... thanks verizon and htc for ruining my extended battery party in a world where all accessories work together...
    I ask the same thing. I can't wait for universal everything! Conform now! Lol. Seriously though, I'm so frustrated with buying new accessories for every phone AND most, if not all, of them not working with extended batteries.

    Especially these days. The manufacturers know battery life sucks. That's half the reason new models take so long to get released! They know a lot of folks are gonna upgrade the battery, and yet, form before function...
  3. #3  

    Default

    Multimedia doc was confirmed to work with the extended batt
  4. #4  

    Default

    this is why i will get that 1600mah battery an use for main battery an charge 1400mah as backup once i get my media dock. tho im not seein much battery issues, took my phone of nightly charge at 7am, now 5 am an im at 64%. played angry birds for 45 mins, made some calls an text time to time. an browsed net for about 30 mins.....im fine with this
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan1668 View Post
    Multimedia doc was confirmed to work with the extended batt
    Where? I see it can charge the extended battery, but I haven't seen anything saying it can fit the size of the phone with the extended battery.
  6. #6  

    Default

    I'm thinking of just getting the 1600 ma battery. It is the same size as the original battery but with additional juice.
  7. #7  
    terrain's Avatar

    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I am Fake Jesus View Post
    this is why i will get that 1600mah battery an use for main battery an charge 1400mah as backup once i get my media dock. tho im not seein much battery issues, took my phone of nightly charge at 7am, now 5 am an im at 64%. played angry birds for 45 mins, made some calls an text time to time. an browsed net for about 30 mins.....im fine with this
    Will the 1600 fit the existing cover... is it an OEM or aftermarket?

    I agree on the extended... looked at one this morning at a Verizon store was there replacing a locked 4g card. It may provide the needed batter life but it is just too large for me.
  8. #8  
  9. #9  

    Default

    it fits the bolt with no extra bulk, from siedo website or wirefly maybe htcpedia?

  10. #10  
    racedog's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm using the 2750 battery and my old leather holster case that I picked up from Verizon when I bought my DX. The fit is really snug but it does fit.

    But, I do agree on the size, it is really huge and I'm not really liking the added size. I'm testing the difference in battery live between the standard battery and the 2750 and if I can get by with the standard one or with the 1600 Seidio I might be returning the 2750. It really is pretty massive.

    R

Posting Permissions

B