Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pictures of phone with extended battery cover on??

Can someone post photos of the phone with the 2750 battery and cover on it? I see the battery on verizon, but it doesn't show the cover.....I'd lke to see it in comparison to the orig if possible. How much more does it stick out?

Thanks y'all!
    Pearl > Curve > Tour > Incredible > Thunderbolt > Rezound > One
    OMG OMG OMG

ROM
    BAMF Forever

Just google "thunderbolt extended battery". One of the first hits is a blog posting about that battery. Pictures included.

Here it is..

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rich1az View Post
    Here it is..

What's weird to me is the battery seems to be at least three times as thick yet it's only twice the capacity of the OEM one.
    Thanked by:
    t_reax 

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve0617 View Post
    What's weird to me is the battery seems to be at least three times as thick yet it's only twice the capacity of the OEM one.
    It's not. I have it and love the additional battery life and don't mind the added thickness. The bump in the back actually helps me hold it more securely.

Quote Originally Posted by jz68 View Post
    It's not. I have it and love the additional battery life and don't mind the added thickness. The bump in the back actually helps me hold it more securely.
    Going off the YouTube video of the battery itself held against the OEM one, it certainly looks thicker than two OEM batteries would be.

No?

Not commenting about the good/bad aesthetics of it - simply that the bigger battery seems to me more than twice as thick as the OEM battery, yet provides twice the power rating.

Wow, that battery door is fugly. That's the catch of using a unibody frame for the phone though. Gotta trade off somethin...

Quote Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
    Wow, that battery door is fugly. That's the catch of using a unibody frame for the phone though. Gotta trade off somethin...
    At least we can change the battery unlike on some other phones....

The only thing I HATE about the extended batteries....especially since they are from the OEM...is there are NO cases made for it, you can't use any of the accessories for the phone (docks) without switching back to the stock battery, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gotconsultants View Post
    HA! Touche...

Well done using your first post in such a manner, my friend. Well done

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

I am using the 2750 battery and it is UGLY and BIG. I'm not sure yet if I can live with it but I can give you some stats on the usage I'm getting from it. I have the phone configured for max use with most notifications etc. turned off or set to ony check every few hours. I have been using wifi for browsing etc.

I am now at 27 hours with the battery and and actual 7.5 hours of phone use, the rest has been in sleep mode. I have 44 percent battery still left.

R

Quote Originally Posted by biff6789 View Post
    Wow, that battery door is fugly.
    If you think THAT'S fugly, wait til Seidio comes out with their own extended battery & battery door. hehehe

It's such a relief to not have to worry about dead batteries anymore, though. Well worth the investment, imho.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by racedog View Post
    I am using the 2750 battery and it is UGLY and BIG.
    R
    The 2750 is the extended battery that Verizon is selling, right?
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by racedog View Post
    I am using the 2750 battery and it is UGLY and BIG. I'm not sure yet if I can live with it but I can give you some stats on the usage I'm getting from it. I have the phone configured for max use with most notifications etc. turned off or set to ony check every few hours. I have been using wifi for browsing etc.

I am now at 27 hours with the battery and and actual 7.5 hours of phone use, the rest has been in sleep mode. I have 44 percent battery still left.

R
    wow ill take fugly over a dead phone.. Is that Verizon extended battery?

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by gotconsultants View Post
    I am able to change the battery on my Evo too

If there is a charger that will charge the battery out of the phone, I would rather just carry a spare battery.

It's HIDEOUS!! I wish there was a happy medium... like an 1820 that I had on my Droid 2 and increased the back door *slightly*

Quote Originally Posted by graphickellie View Post
    It's HIDEOUS!! I wish there was a happy medium... like an 1820 that I had on my Droid 2 and increased the back door *slightly*
    I agree, I think an 1820 would be perfect for my usage.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    I agree, I think an 1820 would be perfect for my usage.
    That's what I had on my Droid 2, and of course I know the battery usage wouldn't be the same but I seriously could go almost 2 days without charging it. And I am a pretty heavy user. I hope they come out with one soon.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

HTC seems to miss the happy medium, too small and too fat. How about the normal sized battery that has a mild bump and not the gut hanging over the belt routine.

I'm sure the extra power is nice and all, but I'll stick with my stock battery and extra charger. That hump is not cosmetically good looking at all IMO. Thanks for sharing though.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidnOk View Post
    I'm sure the extra power is nice and all, but I'll stick with my stock battery and extra charger. That hump is not cosmetically good looking at all IMO. Thanks for sharing though.
    What extra charger? I thought a separate oned does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe378 View Post
    What extra charger? I thought a separate oned does not exist.
    Any blackberry charger fits and works fine.
    T-Mobile: HTC One | Nexus 4 | Former iPhone user

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mo-bile View Post
    Any blackberry charger fits and works fine.
    How is this? The BB battery is much smaller. I have a spare charger I used for my BB, but it's too small for the Thunderbolt battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe378 View Post
    How is this? The BB battery is much smaller. I have a spare charger I used for my BB, but it's too small for the Thunderbolt battery.
    My BB chargers work fine too. s do my old Dinc ones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast