What kind of Headphones do you use?

Treghc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I run my Sennheiser HD555's through PowerAmp, mainly with FLAC files and very scrupulous EQ'ing (thank you, PowerAmp for that 8-band EQ). Sounds absolutely fantastic. I love not having to carry around an iPod anymore and I love, even more, having the ability to utilize FLAC.

d1ez3

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Nuforce NE-700X just got it today and they don't work in my thunderbolt :( the sound only plays out of one ear unless I press the cord to the left. It's the phone not the IEM's I need a solution I used my phone more for music than anything else by far

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I would love a pair like my SoundMagic PL50 with built in mic. The silicone ear hooks are divine. I hate when earphones are ripped out of my ears because something tugged on the cord :(

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I have several sets of headphones that I use, depending on where, when, why, whatever...lol.

Grado SR60. Best sounding headphones under $100 that I have found. The only problem with them is the leak really bad.

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro. These dont really leak. You cant hear the outside coming in and nobody outside can hear your tunes unless you have them at ear busting levels. They have a flatter sound than the Grados, but are a bit more detailed. You WILL hear everything in the musid with these, good or bad. They dont sound that great at first, but after about a week of breaking them in, they rock!

Jabra Halo BT headphones. Great sound...best I have heard in BT. Build quality is a little flimsy though and the touch controls dont work very well. I also hate that you have to have them turned on to charge. Oh yeah, they dont clamp very tight so if you move much they will fall off.

Plantronics Back Beat 906 BT. I only use these for exercising because,well, I absolutely despise them...lol. the sound quuality is lacking depth and if you turn on the bass boost they distort something terrible even at extremely low volumes. Add in that they are painful to wear and have a hard time staying connected, and I just wish I had sent them back. Their only redeaming quality is that they have 8 hour battery life.

Motorola S7 HD. Fantastic sound, great controls, comfortable, but plagued by the typical Motorola quality gremlins. I wish Motorola could make something that lasts for more than a year! They technically still work, but get stuck in pairing mode eavery time you turn them off or charge them. So, to use them, I have to re-pair them.

I also had the Moto S9, which I really, really liked. Unfortunately they ended up in the washing machine somehow and didnt like that. :( Too bad I was stupid enough to not only do that, but then replace them with the horrid Back Beats!

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I use Motorola S9-HD. lots of bass but doesn't seal the ear cannal very well. hurts after 30min + use. HIGHLY NOT made for working out, sweat will trickle down into your ear and can cause control problems. Horrible for talking but good for listening to music for short period.

i just picked up the Klipsch Image one. gonna try it out tonight. if all is good. will be picking up the Klipsch S4 as well.

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Klipsch Image one - love it. Sounds great. Mic doesn't work with our TB unless you want to pull it out slowly and keep it not fully plugged in, which is a huge hassle. So no go on the talk function with out TB. Love the sound, everything sounds crisp and very comfortable. I was looking at the Bose AE2, same price as Image one. Glad i went with Image one as it has more kick than Bose AE2.

e88cc

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Nuforce NE-700X just got it today and they don't work in my thunderbolt :( the sound only plays out of one ear unless I press the cord to the left. It's the phone not the IEM's I need a solution I used my phone more for music than anything else by far

Sorry to hear it! The 700X's are incredible IEM's for the money.

Are you still within your 14 day return window on your TB? Even if you aren't, I'd try to exchange it for a new handset on the basis of a defect with the HP jack.

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Are there any headphones that allow you to skip tracks on the media player and Pandora?
I just recieved the HTC brand headset with remote control and it works for skipping track in both Pandora and the music player. THe best $7 I've spent on Amazon.

Last edited: