Casemate Pop! anyone?

wlong99

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
just wondering if anyone ordered the Pop cases for the thunderbolt by casemate... if so care to share how it is? thanks in advance

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
just wondering if anyone ordered the Pop cases for the thunderbolt by casemate... if so care to share how it is? thanks in advance

FWIW, the case was only made available a couple days ago. Give it a couple days. It looks really good though. I hope it's just a slim fit and won't be so thick.

wlong99

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
oh ok... yea i just got my TB and went to check out case mate cases... it looks really nice and just want to see if ppl had it already... thanks for letting me know that it was only available a few days ago...

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine and its really nice. I will be using it over my innocase II. I took a few photos of it in comparison to the innocase. The pop is not much bigger and it has a great feel to it. The power button is a little harder to hit but I am getting used to it. The photos are in the link below.

TB cases pictures by Moondrius - Photobucket

Thanks for the pics.

The inner surface is the same gray rubber one piece material that you see on the sides right? It is a bigger case then? What about its weight?
Anyway, thanks again for the pics. I really like how it looks compare to the Seidio.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the rubber on the inside is the same as the outside. To me the case looks slightly bigger but it is well worth it. I can't really tell a difference in size between the 2.

The case is really light. I have retired my innocase for the pop. I usually don't use cases on my phones but this one does not add too much bulk and has a great feel. With the innocase it was such a tight fit I was kind of afraid the hard plastic would scratch my phone. With the pop nothing but the soft rubber touches the phone.

Reactions: asianrage

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the rubber on the inside is the same as the outside. To me the case looks slightly bigger but it is well worth it. I can't really tell a difference in size between the 2.

The case is really light. I have retired my innocase for the pop. I usually don't use cases on my phones but this one does not add too much bulk and has a great feel. With the innocase it was such a tight fit I was kind of afraid the hard plastic would scratch my phone. With the pop nothing but the soft rubber touches the phone.

How do you install it? Is it just a simple tuck in effort where the phone is held in place by the rubber rim?

jdfairchild

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I received mine today also. It is a very nice case, but one thing is really annoying - the power button is way too hard to press on and off. If they had put a cut out for the button rather than covering it up like Seidio did with the Surface then this case would be perfect.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the power button is the only bad part but it seems to be getting a little more sensitive with some use. I used the code CM02-AR20 for 20% off. Not sure if it still works but it took off around $7.

R0ss

Mar 17, 2011
www.cannonmotorsports.com
code still works! Thanks...

Does the phone move around in the case at all? I hate the silicone style cases that seem to flex as you manipulate the device...

I might pick this one up as well...

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The phone does not move around in the case. The case is solid on the outside and only flexes to let the phone in. The rubber sides flex a little but the rest of the case is rock solid.

wlong99

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
thanks for sharing... i actually used that discount code monday and ordered the case... i got the standard shipping hopefully it wont take too long to receive it... the case does look really nice... thanks for sharing

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the power button is the only bad part but it seems to be getting a little more sensitive with some use. I used the code CM02-AR20 for 20% off. Not sure if it still works but it took off around $7.

Trying to decide between Black or White. Black looks like a matte/low gloss black vs a shiny white. Decision, decisions. :confused:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered one today, it will arrive tomorrow. I am returning the Verizon case I bought, I just don't like the over all two piece design they offer. Hopefully a case will come out to support the extd battery so I can add that back on.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today. It reminds me A LOT of Speck's candyshell cases. (known for the iPhone version, but they make ones for the Dinc too) The candyshell was one of my favorite iPhone cases, so I'm going to love this case.

It does add a little more bulk than some of the other cases, but you get a bunch more protection with it. Overall, a pretty great case.