Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Casemate Pop! anyone?

just wondering if anyone ordered the Pop cases for the thunderbolt by casemate... if so care to share how it is? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by wlong99 View Post
    just wondering if anyone ordered the Pop cases for the thunderbolt by casemate... if so care to share how it is? thanks in advance
    FWIW, the case was only made available a couple days ago. Give it a couple days. It looks really good though. I hope it's just a slim fit and won't be so thick.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

oh ok... yea i just got my TB and went to check out case mate cases... it looks really nice and just want to see if ppl had it already... thanks for letting me know that it was only available a few days ago...

I just got mine and its really nice. I will be using it over my innocase II. I took a few photos of it in comparison to the innocase. The pop is not much bigger and it has a great feel to it. The power button is a little harder to hit but I am getting used to it. The photos are in the link below.

TB cases pictures by Moondrius - Photobucket
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by moondrius View Post
    I just got mine and its really nice. I will be using it over my innocase II. I took a few photos of it in comparison to the innocase. The pop is not much bigger and it has a great feel to it. The power button is a little harder to hit but I am getting used to it. The photos are in the link below.

TB cases pictures by Moondrius - Photobucket
    Thanks for the pics.

The inner surface is the same gray rubber one piece material that you see on the sides right? It is a bigger case then? What about its weight?
    Anyway, thanks again for the pics. I really like how it looks compare to the Seidio.

Yeah the rubber on the inside is the same as the outside. To me the case looks slightly bigger but it is well worth it. I can't really tell a difference in size between the 2.

The case is really light. I have retired my innocase for the pop. I usually don't use cases on my phones but this one does not add too much bulk and has a great feel. With the innocase it was such a tight fit I was kind of afraid the hard plastic would scratch my phone. With the pop nothing but the soft rubber touches the phone.
    Thanked by:

Yeah the rubber on the inside is the same as the outside. To me the case looks slightly bigger but it is well worth it. I can't really tell a difference in size between the 2.

The case is really light. I have retired my innocase for the pop. I usually don't use cases on my phones but this one does not add too much bulk and has a great feel. With the innocase it was such a tight fit I was kind of afraid the hard plastic would scratch my phone. With the pop nothing but the soft rubber touches the phone.
    How do you install it? Is it just a simple tuck in effort where the phone is held in place by the rubber rim?

Pretty much. You just slide it in like any other 1 piece case.
    Thanked by:

Pretty much. You just slide it in like any other 1 piece case.
    I'm soooo tempted to buy this case. Did you get a deal on it? or did you pay the full retail $35?

I received mine today also. It is a very nice case, but one thing is really annoying - the power button is way too hard to press on and off. If they had put a cut out for the button rather than covering it up like Seidio did with the Surface then this case would be perfect.

Yeah the power button is the only bad part but it seems to be getting a little more sensitive with some use. I used the code CM02-AR20 for 20% off. Not sure if it still works but it took off around $7.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

code still works! Thanks...

Does the phone move around in the case at all? I hate the silicone style cases that seem to flex as you manipulate the device...

I might pick this one up as well...

The phone does not move around in the case. The case is solid on the outside and only flexes to let the phone in. The rubber sides flex a little but the rest of the case is rock solid.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

thanks for sharing... i actually used that discount code monday and ordered the case... i got the standard shipping hopefully it wont take too long to receive it... the case does look really nice... thanks for sharing

Yeah the power button is the only bad part but it seems to be getting a little more sensitive with some use. I used the code CM02-AR20 for 20% off. Not sure if it still works but it took off around $7.
    Trying to decide between Black or White. Black looks like a matte/low gloss black vs a shiny white. Decision, decisions.

The case looks very nice. How hard is it to take the phone out of the case? Thank you for the info.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

haha... i got the pink one for my wife.... i really like the white one

Global Posts
    4,950 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I ordered one today, it will arrive tomorrow. I am returning the Verizon case I bought, I just don't like the over all two piece design they offer. Hopefully a case will come out to support the extd battery so I can add that back on.

I know the cradle is not out yet but anyone know if the cradle will work with this case on the phone?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Got mine today. It reminds me A LOT of Speck's candyshell cases. (known for the iPhone version, but they make ones for the Dinc too) The candyshell was one of my favorite iPhone cases, so I'm going to love this case.

It does add a little more bulk than some of the other cases, but you get a bunch more protection with it. Overall, a pretty great case.

small review after the crappy pics pics

Well the case mate pop case came QUICK, like 4 days when it was 6-10 days free shipping. First thing I noticed was that no free screen protector was included. This is the first Case Mate case that did not come with one. The case is a silicon plastic shell combo but the two pieces are bonded together. It's feels like a very high quality case and provides the BEST protection that I have ever experienced. Better than the Case Mate Tough cases I uses to buy for my Nexus.

Sorry the pics suck I was in bad light and in a hurry. The pics at their website represent the case better and are very accurate to what you get.

My only issue with the case is that the damn thing holds on the Tbolt like it never wants to let go. Which is good...but bad for when you want to get it out often. You "pop" the Tbolt in but to get it out is not as easy. I've found that pushing on the case with my thumbs at the top and kinda working it until enough of the Tbolt comes out to where you can grab it is the best method(you can push on the camera to make this easier but I don't recommend that). You just have to be careful that you don't man-handle your device getting it out. If you plan on taking it in and out of the case a LOT, this may not be the case for you as it really takes care and effort.

The big upside is protection. You can lay it face down and the case raises the screen so as to keep it elevated from any surface. You can tell as soon as you place the Tbolt in this case that if you drop it on a corner, etc.., that it will be WELL PROTECTED. For me, it's better than the Otterbox Commuter or Case Mate Tough cases for the Nexus One in regards to true protection.

The rubber grips are fantastic and really make the case feel great in your hand. I really love this feature. It really gives it a high end feel. The smooth plastic shell makes pocketing very easy. All the cut-outs line up perfectly with the noise cancellation ports and microphones, etc..The volume buttons are easily depressed thru the case but the power button is a little harder. definitely noticeable if you are used to pressing the power button while naked.

Just sitting here and feeling this thing and looking at it, I really feel this is the best case I have ever purchased. I would have to give it a 8/10. one point off for being so hard to remove from the case and another point off because nothing is ever a perfect 10 This case comes close tho. If you leave your phone in the case most of the time, I highly recommend this case for the best protection you can really hope to get.

Hope this helps.

and for those that read to the bottom here is a coupon code for seven bucks off i found thru Google search:

CM02-AR20

this gets you the case for 27.99 out the door because it has a free shipping option. They said 6-10 days but I got it in four.
    Last edited by Air Force One; 03-24-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

i just got mine today... the power button is kinda hard push down but overall it is a really nice case, very good protection..

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

For those of you having a hard time pushing the power button, I did a quick fix on Monday that is holding up really well. I took a strip of duct tape and cut 4 tiny pieces that are the exact same size as the underside of the power button on the case. Stick them together and place the single piece in the little indent on the underside of the power button. It makes a huge difference in how easy the press is.

And as for the case itself, I really like it. Best case I've had for any of my phones so far.

Here are some pics of the phone in the case. https://picasaweb.google.com/jTink010/PopCaseForTBolt#
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

can u take a pic of what u mean with the duct tapes?

Question

Since it appears this case wraps around to the front of the device, do the raised edges interfere with typing or icons near the edges of the touch screen (this was always an issues with blackberry cases and keys near the edges)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast