Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

Default screen protectors and fingerprints

sooo ive been using the bolt naked since ive had it...like any other smart phone the screen gets a lot of fingerprints..i actually carry around my macbook pro cleaning cloth to clean the screen

i was driving my brother around the other day and he had a screen protector, that he said was anti-glare, on his incredible and it seemed like he had waaay less fingerprints then me

are screen protectors known to leave less fingerprints or just a fluke? and is there really anti-glare?

thanks

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

when ghost armor comes out for the bolt i would get that. check the ghost armor site for details. i have it around my entire evo and its great. i would go to a mall kiosk that sells it and let them put it on for you though..
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by living1021 View Post
    I would recommend the SGP's ultra fine steinheil screen protection film. There films are well known.

SGP HTC ThunderBolt Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series - [Ultra Fine]
    i ordered this a few hours ago after doing some more research...cant wait

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

does anyone have pics of their phones with the SGP Ultra Fine screen protectors? i am debating between ultra crystal and ultra fine.... thanks

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wlong99 View Post
    does anyone have pics of their phones with the SGP Ultra Fine screen protectors? i am debating between ultra crystal and ultra fine.... thanks
    No pictures, but in my opinion (I tried both within the week, using ultra crystal clear now), the Ultra Fine works flawlessly in terms of not showing finger prints. However, my only gripe was that it compromised the display a little bit (it's not as clear as I would have liked), and is ALSO less sensitive to touch.

I can't even see Ultra Crystal Clear on my TB, and that's my preference over anti-fingerprints.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

ok thx... i think i will be geting the ultra crystal clear one... i like the bright screen :_

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Ghost armor kiosk says they have them. I think I'm going to give that a shot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    when ghost armor comes out for the bolt i would get that. check the ghost armor site for details. i have it around my entire evo and its great. i would go to a mall kiosk that sells it and let them put it on for you though..
    I never used a screen protector on my Blackberry and the fingerprints weren't all that bad but on the Bolt they're horrendous along with "cheek oil!" I bought a pkg of screen protectors which I really didn't wanna do, tried to put it on and messed it all up. The one I have is rather stiff and the problem was that the "tag" thing got stuck on the screen protector and when I tried to remove it, it left all kinds of gummy paper-y residue on it.

Is there a trick to putting these darn things on? I have one left out of the package. The closest mall with kiosks is like 40 miles away.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhtaihuman View Post
    I can't even see Ultra Crystal Clear on my TB, and that's my preference over anti-fingerprints.
    Is there only one in a package? Pretty pricey if that's the case.
    Deb

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

What is the difference between the Ultra Crystal and the Ultra Oleophobic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post
    Ghost armor kiosk says they have them. I think I'm going to give that a shot.
    They have them for sale on their website. The installation instructions are really overwhelming (I think that's for the full body one) and I'm interested but I really don't want to purchase until I know what it looks like on the phone. Is the full body like a clear very thin invisible thing that looks more like a "coating" than a case? If that's the case, I would imagine it's no help at all if you drop your phone?
    Deb