Extended battery case mod

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Who has nodded cases to find the extended battery? I'm wondering when, if ever, we can expect cases that form to the extended battery. Until then I got a body glove case and though I'm experienced in the shop I'm not very good at kidding while still making it look nice. Any dimensions that make for good edges of photos of your work?

az30

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I modded my silicon case to fit my ext battery. All I did was eye the case to the battery and cut and it was pretty good. I had to go back and trim it a little.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Well now! That's quite legitimate. I don't have access to a torch or even a shop at this point. I was hoping someone weekend warrior experienced shop guru (like him) might have some advice for us with a ruler, knife, and a heart full of hope.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
It feels like a tumor that I have to cut a hole in my clothing for. Still I'd have a tumor if it meant I got to feel awake for two days for every night of sleep.

Now where to acquire a dremel...

az30

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well now! That's quite legitimate. I don't have access to a torch or even a shop at this point. I was hoping someone weekend warrior experienced shop guru (like him) might have some advice for us with a ruler, knife, and a heart full of hope.

All I used were a pair of scissors. They were sharp so it made it easier, but if you have dull ones, it'd probably be a challenge.

I figured for the price of a silicon case from Amazon (4 dollars), it was worth the risk of cutting and trying.

You don't need a shop guru, just kindergarten scissoring skills and patience youll be good to go. I also marked the top of the battery on the silicon case so I knew how far to go.