Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default SGP Ultra Crystal Sizing Issue?

I was dead set on buying the SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector for my Thunderbolt before reading the Amazon reviews. While one reviewer claims his protector turned out to be too big, a couple more claim theirs to be noticeably smaller than the screen. Has anyone had serious sizing issues with this protector? Also, can this protector be bought at any retail locations?

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I just received mine on Friday. The fit is perfect. I haven't measured it but its within .010" to .020" of the edges.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Thanks for your input! Anyone had an trouble?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I've loved mine as well, and the fit is perfection!

Global Posts
    1,328 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

Fit is fine on my phone. I usually HATE screen protectors as they grip my finger too much and make the tactile sensation a lot worse. This one, though, is fantastic. People can't even tell it has a SP on the phone and the touch sensation is almost identical to the glass. It's quite awesome.

Perfect fit for me too.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

no issues here. nicest screen protector i've ever gotten

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I've never seen this brand in retail stores but their shipping is super fast and its cheaper than driving around town to search for them.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread DeBloated

I got the ultra fine one (antiglare/antifingerprint) and it fits perfectly I did hear that the ultra fine and ultra crystal or whatever it's called are cut differently though.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

No issues. Fits perfect just like on my Incredible.

I got one; it fits great and is ridiculously clear. Kind of funny, though, I checked out the reviews and all the ones reviewing it highly got marked down (as in saying the review wasn't helpful) while all 1 star reviews (including the one saying the screen was much larger than the phone, itself) got marked up? I've talked to several people who have the screen and not one has had a problem with size. Does this make sense to anyone else?

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

As good of a fit as I have ever had with a screen protector, no issue here.

it works for me

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    ROM
    Adryn's 1.3.2 Rom/Kernel

I have the Ultra Crystal on right nite and I love it! You can't even tell that there is a SP applied.

Had the same one on my iPhone 4 for year and had no problems with peeling, bubbling, or yellowing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Why yes, I'm leaving the Apple Kool-Aid and iPhone 4 behind... Give me Android, or give me death!

I have tried both the ultra fine and the oleophobic, and both fit perfectly.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    ROM
    DasBamf 2.0b5

Is there a difference in clarity between the Ultra Crystal and the Oleophobic?

i continue to recommend this over the invisible shield type of covers (they're too sticky!)

this company makes the best

ROM
    Stock

I bought the Ultra Crystal from Amazon. No sizing issue here. At first I thought it was cut too small but after re-aligning it correctly, it fits perfectly. I can see why they're so highly recommended! Love it!

Everyone here says it "fits perfectly" and yes it fits as it is suppose to. I have had 6 of them for 3 thunderbolts and I can say they are very nice. They dont however fit "perfect" they are intentionally cut like 1-2mm all the way around smaller to aid in installation. With a case on you cant tell, but there is a 1-2mm area on the sides and probably closer to a 2mm area on the top or bottom depending on how you install it. I highly recommend them still but they arent going to fit your glass to the mm. This is how they were designed according to their website.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I want a screen that protects while not having any noticeable affect on touching. I think I should get the fine crystal one. Can anyone who has gotten the fine crystal screen confirm the lack of effect on touching?

No issues here either. Have one on mine and my wifes Bolt
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

My thanks for your helpful comments. Does anyone know of a good installation video that can help me do the job right the first time?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JC431a View Post
    I want a screen that protects while not having any noticeable affect on touching. I think I should get the fine crystal one. Can anyone who has gotten the fine crystal screen confirm the lack of effect on touching?
    It hasn't affected the sensitivity of my screen at all.

Just installed the oleophobic on my today and the fit is great. Also extremely clear and can't even tell there's a screen protector on it. Anyone have the ultra fine? Says the clarity is supposed to be improved over previous versions.

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Whether or not people think there is a sizing issue is going to depend on how picky they are and how they think it should fit to begin with.

I just installed a SGP Ultra Crystal and am satisfied with it and the fit. At the same time, it is slightly smaller than the screen. It's probably 1/32 narrower than the screen and closer to 1/16 shorter. Like I said, I'm happy with it but I don't see why it's so hard to make them exactly the size of the screen.

It is a lot more resistant to fingerprints than the cheapo protectors I had on before but I'm not sure that justifies the price difference. I'll see how it holds up over time.