Head Phones For Thunderbolt? Diddy Beats?

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys use for headsphone and the ability to talk on the phone with headphones? Are Diddy Beats by monster compatible? I tried the motorola wireless heads phones and they are horrible! Most uncomfortable and worst sounding things I've ever heard. Feedback is appreciated!

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I believe that the diddy Beats do not work with the bolt. I know the Solo beats with controltalk only work with apple devices.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
surprised that there don't seem to be a pair of good headphones that you can listen to music and talk on the phone with droids... baffeling to me.

pnicho

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys use for headsphone and the ability to talk on the phone with headphones? Are Diddy Beats by monster compatible? I tried the motorola wireless heads phones and they are horrible! Most uncomfortable and worst sounding things I've ever heard. Feedback is appreciated!

The Diddy Beats headphones are awesome. I have a pair myself and they are sooooo comfortable. I just tried calling my fiancee and she couldn't hear me so the mic def doesn't work with it. Make sure you select the srs enhancement when using headphones btw cuz it sounds amazing.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The Diddy Beats headphones are awesome. I have a pair myself and they are sooooo comfortable. I just tried calling my fiancee and she couldn't hear me so the mic def doesn't work with it. Make sure you select the srs enhancement when using headphones btw cuz it sounds amazing.

Thanks for the info, but I'm wanting good head phones that alllow me to make a call to. I was afraid the diddy beats would fail in the mic department. What is the srs enhancement? Is that a feature in the sound settings?

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info, but I'm wanting good head phones that alllow me to make a call to. I was afraid the diddy beats would fail in the mic department. What is the srs enhancement? Is that a feature in the sound settings?

Same issue with me... My Monster Turbines with control talk doesn't register the mic also... And i can't find the SRS setting anywhere either, or Dolby...

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad this thread is up because it was a huge deal to me a couple of days ago as I too was having this problem.

I went into BBuy and tried out all of the pricey headphones with the microphone and was about to give up on the phone (thinking it was a software problem) since nothing was working (I can hear them, but they couldn't hear me) till I found the BOSE MIE2 headphone's. Careful not to get the one with the iPod/iPhone controls, but the standard one. They have an awesome comfortable design and the sound quality is pretty amazing as you can expect from BOSE. It is my first BOSE product and glad I bought it, they will set you back about 140$ out the door (just sayin), but well worth it my man.

Again, I can't stress enough to be sure you don't get the one's with the Apple controls (volume up/volume down buttons). As far as I know, these were the only one's at BBuy that worked. Hope you get them and enjoy them as much as I do.

Here's a link to show what they look like: MIE2 - Bose In Ear MIE2 Mobile Headset at Abt

Reactions: thamadness

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad this thread is up because it was a huge deal to me a couple of days ago as I too was having this problem.

I went into BBuy and tried out all of the pricey headphones with the microphone and was about to give up on the phone (thinking it was a software problem) since nothing was working (I can hear them, but they couldn't hear me) till I found the BOSE MIE2 headphone's. Careful not to get the one with the iPod/iPhone controls, but the standard one. They have an awesome comfortable design and the sound quality is pretty amazing as you can expect from BOSE. It is my first BOSE product and glad I bought it, they will set you back about 140$ out the door (just sayin), but well worth it my man.

Again, I can't stress enough to be sure you don't get the one's with the Apple controls (volume up/volume down buttons). As far as I know, these were the only one's at BBuy that worked. Hope you get them and enjoy them as much as I do.

Here's a link to show what they look like: MIE2 - Bose In Ear MIE2 Mobile Headset at Abt

Thanks, I'm going to check them out online now. Does the mic option work well with them? Are they pretty loud?

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Great thread. I was a little disappointed that there were no headphones included with the phone. I will definitely check the recommendations here.

thamadness

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.. was hoping more would comment. There has to be a pair out there that plays good music and offers the ability to talk on phone with mic. If not, what a great market for an headphone maker to pop into!

Stevez48

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I also have Zagg Smartbuds, but haven't had the opportunity to try them out on a call... if they work, then they are usually around $50. much more pocket friendly for the fiscally concerned. :-D

I'll report back when I make a call with them...

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Madness - Yes, they work great! Crystal clear calls and can handle SRS enhancements very well. I know 140$ is a bit too much, but considering they have an awesome build quality (BOSE Warranty) and give you true surround sound they are well worth ponying up the cash for.

I could not find any other headphone set available at BBuy that would work to be honest. I had the sales rep open 4 packages (all high end headphones with mic) and neither worked till we finally tried these without the Apple controls which all the others did.

Interestingly enough, we tried out the Dre Beats headphone's on an Evo4G he had there and they worked, but not on the TB. We tried them on an Epic4G and they also didn't work which was a relief for me considering I was about to return the phone thinking mine was faulty. Even if you don't decide to get the one's i'm highly recommending, make sure when looking around for alternatives that they don't have the Apple volume controls or have the iPod/iPhone images on the box. They will not work! Best of luck and look forward to hearing what you think of the BOSE headphones if you get them.

Reactions: thamadness

Ras Moke

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been struggling with this issue as well. I bought a pair of Beats Solo HD for $200 back in December while I was still using my iPhone 3G. The mic works fine, and so does skipping forward and reverse (volume only works on iPhone 3GS and later).

But when I was using a Nexus S, the mic and skipping forward/back still worked.

On the ThunderBolt, it is not working.

I think HTC Sense is what is causing some sort of software glitch, because like I said, it was working fine on the Nexus S (except volume). If you (like me) are considering rooting and going to Vanilla Android, then maybe it'll work?

pauliewalnutted

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hate to say it but bose are highly overrated when it comes to quality sound reproduction...the beats are pretty good though. As for a pair with a Mic I'm using the Marshall minors and they're pretty ideal, good sound with an inline Mic too. Awesome styling.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have never tried the Marshall minors nor am a Sound tech, but te BOSE were on par with the Dre Beats as far as sound quality goes. I'm sure they might be a tad bit overpriced, but more important than anything else at this point is that they worked and nothing else at BBuy did. Just simply letting Madness know there was an option available that was tested and proven to make him happy if he so chose to go that route.

Hate to say it but bose are highly overrated when it comes to quality sound reproduction...the beats are pretty good though. As for a pair with a Mic I'm using the Marshall minors and they're pretty ideal, good sound with an inline Mic too. Awesome styling.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781