Seidio ACTIVE X Case (PICS!) UPDATED.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
OK heres the review:

I will tell you guys right off the bat, I love this case. I have owned what seems like 1,000 phones, including the LG Dare, LG Voyager, LG ENV, OG Droid, Droid X and many others. They all had cases, some even Seidio, and this case is the best case I have ever used or seen.

The case is a 2 part hybrid type case. A silicone skin that definitely indents the screen to protect it from a fall, and allows you to put the phone face down on a surface without any fear of said surface contacting the screen in any way. Then on top of that snaps a plastic skeleton that protects the back sides and corners. When snapped together you would not even know its a 2 piece case. Very thin. I have had the Seidio Innocase II on this phone (a little too bulky in my opinion, and comes apart at times) and I also have the 2 piece case from Verizon that is silicone with a hard cover over that, and there is NO comparison.

The kickstand functionality is unaffected, and this feels great in the hand. It is not hard at all to remove from the pocket. The volume rocker and power button are covered with a thin layer of silicone, and while I'm on this topic let me just say that it actually stiffens up the volume rocker. This in my opinion is awesome because I was constantly hitting the volume rocker when trying to power on/off the device. This totally negates that issue. Another nice feature button wise is the power button. The silicone sticks up probably 2x the original height and makes it very easy to find the power button with the feel of a finger. Even though the button sticks up decently higher than the actual button it does not feel squishy when pressing it. You would think thats the actual button under there.

All ports are easily accessible, and well cut out.

The quality of the materials seem top notch to me, and the snap on plastic fits very snugly and I do not see it loosening up even with frequent removals. The rubber coating feels great, and seems that it will hold up just fine.

The only con with this case if I had to come up with one would be the fact that lint may seem to stick a bit to the rubber part. Its easy enough to remove by blowing on it, so its not like it permanently sticks to it and is hard to remove. The only other con, and this has nothing to do with the case, is that I have been using the ext battery lately so going back to the original is a little bit of a let down, and prevents me from ever using it again if I want to use this case. As of right now I do not want to remove this case for anything!

Well that just about sums it up. I'm sure theres something I have missed, so fire away below, and I will do my best to answer any questions. GET THIS CASE!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

roxy surf

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait for the purple and black one to be released...I just ordered a white and grey case-mate which should be here today

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you happen to get the clip for it too? I'm kind of interested in how that part functions in combination with the case.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No didn't getvthe clip sorry.

Yeah I wanted the blue/black but didn't want to wait so i just got the black lol!

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I think they are overpriced. They need to drop their prices like 50%. Looks nice though but I would pay like $15 for that case, $20 tops. Its just rubber or plastic, it can't cost them much to make.

There is a coupon code for this site for 20% off use code DIS2011

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Getting my Seidio active x case today. Will give a little review here and post up some pics. They were just released. Had mine on pre-order so its a brand new hybrid case. Half silicone half hard case. Will let ya know....

How were you able to order? When I go to order it states out of stock.

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait to here your review especially how easy it is to press buttons. Some covers really are horrid when it comes to ease of use. got to play with the innocase surface like the belt clip but thought it was too slick.

Last edited:

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I think they are overpriced. They need to drop their prices like 50%. Looks nice though but I would pay like $15 for that case, $20 tops. Its just rubber or plastic, it can't cost them much to make.

Case #2 - #1,000,000 don't cost that much to make. However, case #1 costs a lot for design, prototyping, testing, creating the dies, etc., etc. No one would buy a case for $100,000 so they have to recoup that cost over all the other cases they make for that model of phone and hope that it's popular enough that they can recover their costs and start actually making a profit. So much more goes into it than just the cost of the materials.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Case #2 - #1,000,000 don't cost that much to make. However, case #1 costs a lot for design, prototyping, testing, creating the dies, etc., etc. No one would buy a case for $100,000 so they have to recoup that cost over all the other cases they make for that model of phone and hope that it's popular enough that they can recover their costs and start actually making a profit. So much more goes into it than just the cost of the materials.

Stop it, Richard. In America, we should only have to pay for the actual cost of items.. not their value nor the investment a company made in that product.

Reactions: easyrun99

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

It's protecting a $600 phone so ill throw in the extra $30 :). Besides seidiolasts for the life of the phone in my experience. Has saved my DX on many occasions.

Like I said in the original post, I PRE-ORDERED. I guess they are out already. That sucks....

I'll have a review up by late evening with some pics. I'm a little sad about having to ditch the ext batt tho I gotta tell ya. I was getting used to it. And approx 24 hrs between charges beats the hell outta 10 or so. but I won't complain about 10. I'm very happy with this phone.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
It's protecting a $600 phone so ill throw in the extra $30 :). Besides seidiolasts for the life of the phone in my experience. Has saved my DX on many occasions.

Like I said in the original post, I PRE-ORDERED. I guess they are out already. That sucks....

I'll have a review up by late evening with some pics. I'm a little sad about having to ditch the ext batt tho I gotta tell ya. I was getting used to it. And approx 24 hrs between charges beats the hell outta 10 or so. but I won't complain about 10. I'm very happy with this phone.

Can you post a link to that case please. Is it better than the otterbox cases? , I was trying to hold out for that one. But prob wont be out for three or so months.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
One thing I like from the pics is that the rubber that protrudes for the power button is quite high. Can't miss that sucker lol.

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

Yes I know there is investment in making them and all. You figure though that most their cases are the same design, but have to be redesigned to fit a new phone body. I can't see this process being incredibly hard once they have the proper dimensions of the phone.

I just bought a TPU case on ebay for $5 shipped, the same they sell in the Verizon store for $20. So obvious is obvious that making a phone case isn't rocket science and the materials aren't to expensive.

Basically what I want to get across is if they sold these for $20, they would sell more of them. After all most average consumers will look for price over quality sometimes, but even though they make a quality product, their price can't be justified, especially the other case they have for $50 for the Tbolt. I mean $50 for the same $30 case, but with another piece of plastic and a clip? How is that $20 more justified for just adding a clip and plastic backing to hold onto the phone? If they keep their initial price down, they will be sitting on less inventory later and not have to clearance them out later.

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-hk3htmec-bl.htm $50 case, is same case mentioned in OP, but includes the holster and clip.

These Seidio cases will pop up on ebay for cheaper anyways. I know companies want to make profit and them being an online company, they should have less overhead and should be able to produce a product with a better price. With all the competition out there, most people will see $5 case vs $30 case and go with the what saves them money. Not everyone is worried about protecting their phone like crazy. I dropped my incredible countless times, its landed on its front and back and all I had on it was a TPU and never got damaged and I paid $7 for that case.

Last edited:

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have an inkling that seidio, et al have done the math and the price point is where their projections say it should be. Consumers will let them know if they are correct...

ksb63

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Actually waiting for Amazon to get as free ship and no sales tax makes it easier to swallow price (plus usally a couple dollars cheeper to boot). But right now listed as one to two month on black and two to three weeks on color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC