Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier
    Stock

Default Extended battery case

Anyone kno or seen a ext batt case I'm not to thrill of leaving my phone naked and its not as big or heavy as ppl say reminds me of d Droid x

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    tgriff777 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Carrier
    Stock

?

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I ended up going down to the Dollar Store and picked up a soft sided eyeglass style case that I can slip the TB into. Might have to hold me till someone comes out with a proper fitting skin. Till then, I'll try not to drop it.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Hadn't seen one yet. I need one myself. I am so glad I bought the extended battery. This thing is a beast. A day and a half with heavy usage now its on the charger.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

I went to a Verizon store and got a soft rubber skin that, if you stretch it a little , will st fit with extended battery. I am using this until a real case comes out. None available so far.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Carrier
    Stock

I had mines on d clip
    and went to a car smacked d side it flew n got a few dings n snatches

Carrier
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Would a soft case protect from trauma? I'm mostly concerned about the screen but this thing has so much mass that the battery might get damaged from a drop. Aside from that I don't want any connectors inside getting busted loose but this phone doesn't feel that cheap.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Get a silicon case, cut the back out, put on phone, and there you go.

I got a cheap silicone case and cut the back off, like 91zcpe said. It isn't pretty, but it gives some bumper padding on the corners. Additionally, the bulge of the battery tapers pretty well into the contours of the case, making it less... well... bulgey.

Default pics of case

It's a hackjob, I know, but it'll do for 2.99 until a real case comes out.

Carrier
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Quote Originally Posted by 91zcpe View Post
    Get a silicon case, cut the back out, put on phone, and there you go.
    I have a silicon case that I haven't cut the back out of yet. If I dropped my phone on the battery, the battery would be toast. There's my 50 dollar battleship sinking to the bottom of the ocean. Another fun fact: my insurance plan is 50 bucks to replace the phone. A soft case might be able to soften the impact of dorpping this beast which is all you really need out of a case.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Carrier
    Stock

Fml dropped it again while getting out my car for got it was on my lap fell face 1st all ok but more dings on d corners n front bottom right