Anybody have this desktop cradle?

Dcpmark#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have it, and it's going back for several reasons. Most importantly you have to remove any case. I thought the open ends were going to allow for at least the thin silicon case I have, but no. Secondly, once in the dock the screen is positioned almost completely vertical instead of being angled up at your eyes when in front of you on your desk. Bad design. Lastly it's hard to get in and out. If you look at base where the phone sits it's angled, as is the plug, but as I said the phone sits upright so the plug enters the phone at a slight angle.

There's a guy who makes custom vertical docks for the Incredible that I loved so much I bought 3 of them. They are adjustable and can fit any case. I'm going to ask him if he can make us some TB desktop docks.

mbisson

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have it, and it's going back for several reasons. Most importantly you have to remove any case. I thought the open ends were going to allow for at least the thin silicon case I have, but no. Secondly, once in the dock the screen is positioned almost completely vertical instead of being angled up at your eyes when in front of you on your desk. Bad design. Lastly it's hard to get in and out. If you look at base where the phone sits it's angled, as is the plug, but as I said the phone sits upright so the plug enters the phone at a slight angle.

There's a guy who makes custom vertical docks for the Incredible that I loved so much I bought 3 of them. They are adjustable and can fit any case. I'm going to ask him if he can make us some TB desktop docks.

How about letting us know who he is. I don't want to buy anything else from Verizon.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Dcpmark#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Got an email back. Craig is already working on one for the thunderbolt, and he will have the dummy unit next week to finish the dock. I'm sure he will post here when they are ready, and then put them on eBay.

rketek4TB

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks great, nice idea, but....... on the TB I already can keep it vertical while I watch or charge because of the kickstand.

The best is to have it horizontal, and that will require the other type of charger.

Cool idea though!

Dcpmark#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually, Craig told me that he has new horizontal docks as well that he has not released just yet. It will be interesting to see them!

But have you ever used a dock like this? It is not just about viewing the screen in portrait or landscape mode. Even if you use the kickstand, you have to grab the cable and plug it in or take it out every time you want actually use the device. It's a pain. These docks make it easy to dock, use the phone while docked, grab it quickly and comfortably to take a call or send a text, then pop it right back in.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually, Craig told me that he has new horizontal docks as well that he has not released just yet. It will be interesting to see them!

But have you ever used a dock like this? It is not just about viewing the screen in portrait or landscape mode. Even if you use the kickstand, you have to grab the cable and plug it in or take it out every time you want actually use the device. It's a pain. These docks make it easy to dock, use the phone while docked, grab it quickly and comfortably to take a call or send a text, then pop it right back in.

Makes me miss my Touchstone.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site