Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ThunderBolt Defender Series Case

It's official.

I'm not interested in such a big case, however. Gonna wait for other manufacturers to present their choices.

interesting. I don't see a usb port.

How do otterbox screen protectors feel versus naked or a typical protector like the SGP Ultra Clear?

also, do any brick and mortars sell otterbox? would want to see/feel how big it is in person before dropping $50 on it.

Might find them at best buy. OB makes great quality and its nice to have ports covered. Also want to see how much it adds to thickness and how much of the outside is silicone vs hard shell.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post

How do otterbox screen protectors feel versus naked or a typical protector like the SGP Ultra Clear?

also, do any brick and mortars sell otterbox? would want to see/feel how big it is in person before dropping $50 on it.
    I didn't see it at first either. If you look at where the usb port would be, you can see the flap. It looks like its there but created in a way to help keep water out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Is the Otter Box screen protector part of the case itself or a separate item that you install before putting on the case?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jz68 View Post
    Is the Otter Box screen protector part of the case itself or a separate item that you install before putting on the case?
    Separate item.
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

I thought the screen protector was built into the hard case.....

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I have had nothing but great luck with Otter Box,glad they are working on this.

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Great, we have differing opinions on my screen protector question...lol
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Monkey View Post
    I thought the screen protector was built into the hard case.....
    That's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post
    I see it. it is barely shown in the one 3/4 view pics.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

I prefer the Commuter series. I do NOT want a built-in screen protector. I hear that keeps raising off the screen and creating bubbles that needs to be ironed out. That's annoying.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Is it just me or did it look like it would also accommodate the extended battery?
    -Corey

If it's like the ones for the iphone 4, the screen is built into the hard innercase. That's what it looks like to me. I like it very much for my family's two iphones. I have the seidio case (rugged). It's basically the innocase with another big bulky outer shell. It will be good for my company's field employees. But I think this will be sleeker and provide similar protection. I also like the screen protector much better

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coreymcl View Post
    Is it just me or did it look like it would also accommodate the extended battery?
    Hi Corey,

That would be nice if it did, it looks big enough but I doubt it.

Goto otterbox and search for Thunderbolt Commuter.....thats the better case for this phone. They dont have it listed but do have it for Desire S. NEED OUR VOICES HEARD!

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Das Bamf Remix 1.6

Now that you have your social, mobile and professional lives all wrapped into the hottest 4G device on the market, getting the best case is the logical next step. Keep your link to the world safe with the rugged OtterBox Defender Series for HTC ThunderBolt. A tough polycarbonate shell with a built-in screen protector hugs your phone, while the quality silicone skin wraps around it all for exceptional shock absorption. Included is a holster belt clip for your carrying convenience
    INK
    Banned

Screen protector is Definitely built into the case. And I love that ;o

Do Otterbox cases stay closed (sealed) if they are dropped. I have seen postings where other Otterbox cases popped open when they were dropped and the phone hit the ground.
    I had a Otterbox Commuter for a very short period of time when I had a D2G before returning the phone (due to cell signal issues) and obviously took back the case as it wasn't needed, as I got a T-Bolt instead. The short time I had the Otterbox for the Droid 2 Global, the snaps seemed very loose, the front cover would pop off without much pressure at all.
    I wondered if this is just a fluke with the case I had, or is this common.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

My Commuter case has never popped off. I prefer this one to the Defender because the built in screen protector periodically raises off the glass and creates bubbles you have to iron out. And the defender is chunkier.

Sent with my thumbs.
    Thanked by:
    drhere 

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

I've used both the Otterbox Commuter and Defender cases for past devices. The Commuter comes with a separate screen protector and the hard shell is on the outside. With the Defender, the screen protector is built into the hard shell and the silicone portion is on the outside.
    Thanked by:
    drhere 

Thanks for the info.
    The one thing is the bulkiness I would be worried about, now, I am using the Verizon branded silicon skin I picked up for $15 at a VZW store, it is good, but was thinking about Otterbox for more protection.

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by drhere View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    The one thing is the bulkiness I would be worried about, now, I am using the Verizon branded silicon skin I picked up for $15 at a VZW store, it is good, but was thinking about Otterbox for more protection.
    I use the Defender case on an iPod Touch where the bulkiness is less of an issue (since the iPod is so thin), but for phones I like the Commuter better. Less bulk and having the hard shell on the outside makes it easier to get the phone in and out of my pocket.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Any word on this? I've been waiting since launch...

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM

Doesn't look like it's out yet. I signed up on the OtterBox site for a notification when the case is out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast