Zagg-Seidio-SPG(Screen Protectors)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I want first say this my second Android phone as well my first time ever really getting into protecting my investment.(Cases and Screen Protectors) Now I might just be me and may not no any better but I am having he worse luck sin screen protectors.

Zagg
My first screen protector was the Zagg I had more two weeks not a single scratch those I did not like the rubberie feel with he rainbow affect.

Ultimate Screen Guard by Seidio
I got two screen protectors by Seidio with my X Active case by the way I recommend over otterbox commuter series because otterbox do not protect the corners of a device. Back to the Ultimate Screen guards by Seidio they where crystal clear and smooth like butter. However they were hard to install became they left no room for error as well a pain to remove dust from them. I had had screen protector for two weeks as well but unfortunately it collected all the little scratches it could very disappointing.

SPG ULTRA CRYSTAL CLEAR
This was easy screen protector to install as well to fix and room dust from screen protector. The screen is crystal clear and screen by far feels the best out screen protectors I have. Those screen protector is by far the most disappointing in protection the first day in my pocket at work it got small scratch.

I will first admit I am a noob is that if you are carrying your phone in your pocket or purse or etc make sure there is nothing else that could rub against screen. Furthermore if it's not a Zagg screen protector it will get scratches. Zagg was best screen protector because collected no scratches. I understand the other screen protectors do their job but having screen protector with bunch of little scratches is tacky for.(lack of a better word)

I still rocking the SPG don't know what I will do next but continue keep my phone by itself in my pocket which I feel is little annoying. I hope his help lot people still looking at protecting their screens.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt on Tapatalk.

Last edited:

jfoofoo#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am recommanding Phantom Skinz, it works just like Invisible shield, same apply method and has room for errors while applying, the screen protector can be washed off with soapy water and re apply again if you got it wrong the first time.

There are no orange peel effect, no rubbery feel, your finger glides over the surface super smooth, it does not collect scratchs and it's crystal clear (after it's dried off). I have to say it's one of the best screen protector I have used.

Spoon

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
VZW branded regular - love the clarity, but smudge quite a bit.
VZW branded anti glare - love the smudge resistance but not willing to give up that clarity so i went with Zagg.

Zagg - great protection but it looks horrid. Clarity wise, even the VZW ones looks better. Will be looking into the SPG next.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
SPG ULTRA CRYSTAL CLEAR
This was easy screen protector to install as well to fix and room dust from screen protector. The screen is crystal clear and screen by far feels the best out screen protectors I have. Those screen protector is by far the most disappointing in protection the first day in my pocket at work it got small scratch.

FYI been there done that. I have one more screen protector to try which is
phantom skinz review if that doesn't hold up then going back to the Zagg By the way my SPG Ultra Crystal has several scratches on it now because of left over change in my pocket.

I really hope phantom skins don't fail me because really don't want go back to Zagg. Unfortunately the Zagg Invisible Shield is only one for now that can protect my screen without comprising itself by collecting scratches. Then again the clarity and feel is horrible!

jfoofoo#AC

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
please also try to avoid putting the phone in the pocket with coins or other sharp metal objects... that might help a great deal....

StormFreak

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I will put in a good word for BestSkinsEver. I have purchased their skins for 2 Blackberries, my OG Droid, and now my Thunderbolt. Very affordable, great customer service, and the skins have always been great for me. Plus if there are any issues, they have always been excellent about sending me out a replacement. Not trying to sound too much like a commercial, but I highly recommend them.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a pocket that only my phone goes in. I would rather do that then scratch up the screen

sent from my Thunderbolt

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a pocket that only my phone goes in. I would rather do that then scratch up the screen

sent from my Thunderbolt

That is the only way to preserve any screen protector you have. I was rather new to screen protectors but now I understand that no matter who go with they will collect scratches. Zagg is one of the best and those never got scratch on my in weeks I had those it still had orange peel also their are other that have gotten scratches on their phone. My point is go with brand you like by installation, application, look and feel. At the end of the day any screen protect will have some sort mark, weird feel, orange people, rainbow affect and yes scratches on them. Then it comes down to which cons you prefer over others. I have gone from Ulimate Screen Guard, SPG, and Zagg they all have faults.(Scratches)

Phantom Skins are my next to try out but do not have high hopes.