Hey guys. I'm poking around at getting a car dock. Specifically the this guy. I was wondering if anyone has it, and if they know whether it will work with a case.

I am using a seidio innocase active case.

Thanks for the advice!
    04-24-2011 11:26 PM
    Unfortunately, this dock will not work with any case. Strictly naked tbolt.
    04-25-2011 12:49 AM
    Hey guys. I'm poking around at getting a car dock. Specifically the this guy. I was wondering if anyone has it, and if they know whether it will work with a case.

I am using a seidio innocase active case.

Thanks for the advice!
    Seidio will eventually (they won't tell me when) release a car dock that works with the Innocase case... but I don't know if it will work with the "Active" case.

For a reference, check out the Evo Innotraveller Car Kit from Seidio.
    04-25-2011 07:58 AM
    Unfortunately, this dock will not work with any case. Strictly naked tbolt.
    This.

That looks like the Verizon dock I have. It is for fit to the naked Bolt. No kind of case will work with it.
    04-25-2011 08:37 AM
    Thanks for the info, I'll just have to wait it out a bit longer to see what the deal is with the Seidio dock.
    04-25-2011 09:33 AM
    Thanks for the info, I'll just have to wait it out a bit longer to see what the deal is with the Seidio dock.
    I'm in the same boat. I won't give up my car dock (and my Nav system) so I have to go "naked" with my TB. Once Seido makes their case/car combo, I'll buy both.
    04-25-2011 03:44 PM
    Old thread I know! Does anyone know if it will work an extended battery? Based on the reviews I have a feeling that it's a no.
    05-25-2011 08:40 AM
    The VZW dock won't work with the extended battery without serious modding. I saw a youtube vid where the guy modified his dock to fit, but it was pretty crude.
    05-25-2011 10:59 AM
    I made the Thunderbolt car dock work with my Sensation 4G and TPU case using a dremel tool. You should be able to do something similar with the Thunderbolt. Check out the pictures here:

HTC Sensation 4G Factory Car Dock (using TPU case)
    07-23-2011 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD