Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock

Question Does the Droid Incredible micro USB/RCA cable work with the ThunderBolt?

Does the ADR6300 AV composite cable from the Droid Incredible work with the ThunderBolt (ADR6400L)?
    It sounds like they didn't work with the EVO, but I'm holding out some hope for the ThunderBolt, since it's missing an HDMI port.

I'm still looking for a cost effective way to turn my ThunderBolt into a multimedia hub for my TV...
    I heard that a USB to HDMI cable may get released, but would be satisfied with old school analog RCA cables in the meantime.

Amazon.com: HTC AV Cable for HTC ADR6300, Vision (Micro USB to Composite): Cell Phones & Accessories

As far as I can tell no... The Incredible has a micro usb for tv out and the thunderbolt has a mini hdmi. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

As far as usb to hdmi goes, I don't think that can happen with out something to upconvert the signal from analog to digital.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by bribat View Post
    As far as I can tell no... The Incredible has a micro usb for tv out and the thunderbolt has a mini hdmi. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    No, the Thunderbolt does not have any HDMI ports on the device.
    It has a micro-USB for charging and data transfer.
    The only built in method on the Thunderbolt to use another device for video output that I'm aware of is wireless DLNA.

Here's a quote from the spec sheet at HTC:
    Special features: Dual mics with noise cancellation, Surround sound, Compass sensor, G-Sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, MicroUSB, FM radio, LTE SIM slot , TI audio DSP
    HTC ThunderBolt at Verizon
    Last edited by GoldLeader; 04-28-2011 at 08:15 PM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    stock

It's probably not going to work, but I'll give this a try. Placed an order for the cable.
    $15 is cheaper than a blueray player or multi media player.

I'll report back if I can find a way to get the Incredible AV cable to work with the Thunderbolt.
    Hope it works!

If not, then maybe I'll try tinkering with the Android SDK and see if I can get something to work that way.
    Been wanting to make some Android apps in my spare time. I love programming, but my current job doesn't let me do it very often, since I'm only doing Software design. Mostly just make documents and flow diagrams.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    stock

Nope, the cable can't be used with the Thunderbolt.
    The micro-USB plug on the cable is non-standard in shape and contains two extra nubs that prevent it from being inserted into the TBolt.
    It was worth a try.