Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Default Thunderbolt extended battery case

hi, can anone point me in a direction go get a hardshell or gel case for my thunderbolt with the extended battert? Not looking for a pouch, but a gel /protective case

None available yet and you keep checking the Accessories sticky.

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

I'm really quite frustrated with the amount of time it's taking companies to come out with one. It just goes to show that when you have a company with 99 business men and no engineers NOTHING productive can get done if it's not just cut and paste work. Pathetic.
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.

I have temp solution pnico if you are interested and requires no cutting of the back of a case! My suggestion is it will give you a hybrid mode sort to speak of!

I've been checking the Seidio site daily waiting for their extended battery & extended Active case to come in, but they're still "coming soon". I don't know if that case will work with the Verizon extended battery though.
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.

Richard if pnico was to use a silicon case with the rear sliced out some for the extended to pass thru and then add the Covert rubber case as their calling it now on top of it this, it will provide some protection for now. Then you can use the Surface case when someone wants to slim down with full protection.
    Last edited by acmxenon; 04-29-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: typos

This is pissing me off because I've had the extended battery for over a month now and I won't use it till a hard case comes out. This is ridiculous.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pnico View Post
    hi, can anone point me in a direction go get a hardshell or gel case for my thunderbolt with the extended battert? Not looking for a pouch, but a gel /protective case
    Check out HTC ThunderBolt Extended Battery Silicone Cases. Kind of pricey at $25, but it seems to be the only case available for the extended battery.

Or you might try making one yourself by buying the regular gel case for half as much and using an X-acto knife to make the cutout for the battery and stand.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by sky king View Post
    Check out HTC ThunderBolt Extended Battery Silicone Cases. Kind of pricey at $25, but it seems to be the only case available for the extended battery.

Or you might try making one yourself by buying the regular gel case for half as much and using an X-acto knife to make the cutout for the battery and stand.
    Check out the reviews on those cases, looks like they cover the front camera and it's a hack job. Someone takes a knife to a standard battery case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Motorola Q > Blackberry Pearl > Blackberry Storm > Blackberry Storm 2 > Droid X > HTC Thunderbolt > Note 2
    Thanked by:

OK, Seidio finally has a picture of the Rugged case for the Extended Battery even tho it still says Coming Soon we can least see there is a design and hopefully means they are going to be available soon.

CHECK IT OUT.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    OK, Seidio finally has a picture of the Rugged case for the Extended Battery even tho it still says Coming Soon we can least see there is a design and hopefully means they are going to be available soon.

CHECK IT OUT.
    Did an online chat earlier in the week with their customer service to ask if they had an ETA on them. They said they have no date as of yet. I'm hoping soon though.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPDOG View Post
    Check out the reviews on those cases, looks like they cover the front camera and it's a hack job. Someone takes a knife to a standard battery case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I bought one because I was uneasy about carrying my phone without a case. They suck. They don't cover the camera or anything else important but they seem a little too big for the phone. Definitely not a snug fit and the case comes off when pulling it in and out of the pocket. I am now waiting for one of these Seidio cases or an otterbox that can work with the extended battery.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post

CHECK IT OUT.
    Looks promising. Hope it's out soon.

Check the site again because they got pics of the other two cases that are coming soon. I think May seems like it's on track.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

These new cases cover the TB kickstand so you'll have to use the kickstand that's on the case, and who knows if they will be long/strong enough to hold up the phone vertically....

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by frankg16 View Post
    These new cases cover the TB kickstand so you'll have to use the kickstand that's on the case, and who knows if they will be long/strong enough to hold up the phone vertically....

It will not be strong enough. This comes straight from Seidio's mouth.
    I see that the... | Facebook

That is a big disappointment. My son has been waiting for the Active Extended case but is now rethinking the decision. Too much will be lost: vertical kickstand, speaker permanently muffled, missing RF window, and those two antenna connection holes are covered up.
    My tech timeline: 1981 - First programmed. 1986 - First modem connection. 1993 - First Internet SLIP account. 2000 - First broadband connection. 2003 - First BlackBerry. 2011 - First Android.

I was at Best Buy the other day just checking to see if they had anything for cases that work with the extended battery. One of their techs did discover that one the Seidio cases they carry (forget which one) actually fits on the phone with the extended battery even though it wasnt intended to. She showed me how, you just had to leave one of the 3 layers off. It was OK, i guess, but it was almost impossible to reach the kick stand (it was too far down inside) and the case was a little too lose fitting. Almost went with it since its better than nothing but decided not to.
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts

I tried to Mod a case for my TB with the extended battery, worked out pretty well, here is the thread:

My TB Case Mod for an Extended Battery

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

An interesting update: I received several emails from several different reps at Otterbox. Some said to wait and see if they would come out with a case for the extended battery. Others said they had no plans to release one at all. The only thing agreed upon was that such a case had been requested.

So, make of it what you will. In the meantime, I've ordered the Seidio Innocell battery and an Innocase with holster. Hopefully that will do, at least until something better comes along.

ROM
    Sense 3.0 RC4

I got a cheap rubber case from Amazon for $4 with shipping. I am probably going to cut a hole in the back for the extended battery. Anyone have luck with this?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdonpaul View Post
    I got a cheap rubber case from Amazon for $4 with shipping. I am probably going to cut a hole in the back for the extended battery. Anyone have luck with this?
    that is exactly what I did. it fits, but I may recommend using nailclippers to fine-tune the cut-job, as it won't hold its form too well to try to make the edges "smooth" or anything. using a nailclipper you can be precise and have the edges not look like your dog went to town on it.

ROM
    Stock

I got the letstalk HTC Rubberized case with extended battery support and am very satisfied. It is a hard shell case with a soft touch exterior. So far I am very very happy with this new case. Now to get a holster for it...
    Thanked by:

Well it looks like Seidio has finally priced their extended battery cases. The one with the belt clip and port covers is at $49.95. I accept that price if you guys think these are great cases (other than the covering of the speaker which is no problem to me).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast