Thunderbolt extended battery case

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hi, can anone point me in a direction go get a hardshell or gel case for my thunderbolt with the extended battert? Not looking for a pouch, but a gel /protective case

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm really quite frustrated with the amount of time it's taking companies to come out with one. It just goes to show that when you have a company with 99 business men and no engineers NOTHING productive can get done if it's not just cut and paste work. Pathetic.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have temp solution pnico if you are interested and requires no cutting of the back of a case! My suggestion is it will give you a hybrid mode sort to speak of!

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been checking the Seidio site daily waiting for their extended battery & extended Active case to come in, but they're still "coming soon". I don't know if that case will work with the Verizon extended battery though.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Richard if pnico was to use a silicon case with the rear sliced out some for the extended to pass thru and then add the Covert rubber case as their calling it now on top of it this, it will provide some protection for now. Then you can use the Surface case when someone wants to slim down with full protection.

Last edited:

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This is pissing me off because I've had the extended battery for over a month now and I won't use it till a hard case comes out. This is ridiculous.

pppilot

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
hi, can anone point me in a direction go get a hardshell or gel case for my thunderbolt with the extended battert? Not looking for a pouch, but a gel /protective case
Check out HTC ThunderBolt Extended Battery Silicone Cases. Kind of pricey at $25, but it seems to be the only case available for the extended battery.

Or you might try making one yourself by buying the regular gel case for half as much and using an X-acto knife to make the cutout for the battery and stand.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Check out HTC ThunderBolt Extended Battery Silicone Cases. Kind of pricey at $25, but it seems to be the only case available for the extended battery.

Or you might try making one yourself by buying the regular gel case for half as much and using an X-acto knife to make the cutout for the battery and stand.

Check out the reviews on those cases, looks like they cover the front camera and it's a hack job. Someone takes a knife to a standard battery case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: HiPower

mpciii

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
OK, Seidio finally has a picture of the Rugged case for the Extended Battery even tho it still says Coming Soon we can least see there is a design and hopefully means they are going to be available soon.

CHECK IT OUT.

Did an online chat earlier in the week with their customer service to ask if they had an ETA on them. They said they have no date as of yet. I'm hoping soon though.

mpciii

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Check out the reviews on those cases, looks like they cover the front camera and it's a hack job. Someone takes a knife to a standard battery case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought one because I was uneasy about carrying my phone without a case. They suck. They don't cover the camera or anything else important but they seem a little too big for the phone. Definitely not a snug fit and the case comes off when pulling it in and out of the pocket. I am now waiting for one of these Seidio cases or an otterbox that can work with the extended battery.

frankg

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
These new cases cover the TB kickstand so you'll have to use the kickstand that's on the case, and who knows if they will be long/strong enough to hold up the phone vertically....

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
That is a big disappointment. My son has been waiting for the Active Extended case but is now rethinking the decision. Too much will be lost: vertical kickstand, speaker permanently muffled, missing RF window, and those two antenna connection holes are covered up.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I was at Best Buy the other day just checking to see if they had anything for cases that work with the extended battery. One of their techs did discover that one the Seidio cases they carry (forget which one) actually fits on the phone with the extended battery even though it wasnt intended to. She showed me how, you just had to leave one of the 3 layers off. It was OK, i guess, but it was almost impossible to reach the kick stand (it was too far down inside) and the case was a little too lose fitting. Almost went with it since its better than nothing but decided not to.