1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bicycle mount for TB?

Looking for a sturdy bike mount for the TB, has anyone found anything reliable? many of the universal bike mounts look like my TB will go flying if i stop too fast

I'd be interested in this too. I have a generic one that I bought for my BlackBerry, but I had to modify it in order for the phone to stay in. Forget stopping too fast, it would have fallen out just be getting on the bike...lol! Anyway, I ended up rigging up a bungie type thing that went over the top of the phone. Not ideal, but it worked. I would MUCH prefer a proper mount for the TB. I haven't even tried it to see if it will fit in the generic mount.

Go to mobile. Brando. Com. For ten bucks you will get the best universal bike mount there is. Been using for 2 years now. This spring it finally broke so i bought 2 more because they are so not exspensive. Tried them all and this one I feel very comfortable going over big bumps. Go to this site and look for the universeal one.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

Evo-lution 3d
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bicycle mount for TB?-uploadfromtaptalk1304292714997.jpg  
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

I have been using a RAM universal finger mount for my phones for over two years now. I even modified it a little to let me take photos while it is in the mount.
    I have this on a motorcycle, and it is VERY rugged. Yet it absords some vibration.
    Highly recommended if you want something really rugged.

i've been using the spider podium

very stable, no problems so far
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

those universals still make me nervous...
    just found this on ebay, looks pretty good, thinking of ordering it this week

Tried them type,, they should make you nervous,,, not safe over a big bump. The universal I use locks it in so good even the biggest of bumps not a concern. Keep in mind, if you get one of those custom mounts, if you use a case you will have to take it off. I use the "barly there case for my eVo and with the mount im using i can keep my case on. There is a video on youtube for this mount that shows someone violently shaking the bar in which the phone is mounted to and it is amazing how it stays on no matter what.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Last edited by zmann; 05-02-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JBundles View Post
    those universals still make me nervous...
    That RAM universal mount is not a problem. My phone has been on the handlebar of a motorcycle that is used on gravel roads. It won't go anywhere.

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Bicycle mount for TB?

Do any of these mounts allow me to use my otterbox with it?

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Go to mobile. Brando. Com. For ten bucks you will get the best universal bike mount there is. Been using for 2 years now. This spring it finally broke so i bought 2 more because they are so not exspensive. Tried them all and this one I feel very comfortable going over big bumps. Go to this site and look for the universeal one.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Don't make the same mistake I made by listening to this guy. First of all the mount ships from Taiwan and takes over 2 weeks to be delivered, secondly it is the cheapest plastic I have ever felt in my hands. So much so that it broke when I took it out of the box. I'm guessing the piece that broke somehow fastened the handlebar mount to the phone mount because when I tried to mount it on my bike I noticed that the two pieces didn't lock together... ABSOLUTE JUNK! I know you get what you paid for but it literally does not work out of the box.

I have the RAM mount and I love it!