Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.7

Default Extended battery

I've been checking on VZW's site, and calling in, but the battery has been out of stock for a few weeks now. Ugh! I'm in need of one of these

One question though.... I have the platinum brand shell/clip. Will the clip still work (without the shell of course) with the extended?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I don't see why it wouldn't. Might be a little loose fitting though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.7

I call VZW about every other day, and the extended is still out of stock. I think its ridiculous that you cannot order the item, and have it shipped when it becomes available. Fail!

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

Same problem in socal. There are no stores with stock within 500 miles and their main warehouse is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xxw0lfxX View Post
    I call VZW about every other day, and the extended is still out of stock. I think its ridiculous that you cannot order the item, and have it shipped when it becomes available. Fail!

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Not to brag, but I have 2 extended batteries. I purchased them the same day I got the phone as I knew they would sell out.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.7

I actually found a store about 2hrs away that had 3, so I called my local store up to see if they could get one from the other location. I'll have mine on Monday finally!

Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

All the stores around my area have been out for a while. I kept checking VZW online and eventually got one. Keep checking. Well worth it.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

I still haven't given up on a ROM / Kernel combo that addresses most of my battery issues; which at this point aren't all that bad. I still check every day though.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

searched google shopping; first page showed 2 results for 50$ + shipping
    (one of them was androidcentral store)

I listed mine used on ebay since I dont use it anymore, its at 75$ already with 4 hours left!
    Theres another auction at 201$ for a new one

Why?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.7

Just called Customer Service, and they gave me a 50% discount for my extended. I already have a 25% accessory discount on my account, but I *****ed about calling in for over 3 weeks while they were out of stock. So I should have my $25 extended battery Wednesday :-)

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just ordered mine today. Called 611 because the Verizon website still says they're sold out. I've been calling my local stores for weeks and they all say that they are not getting any shipments. Makes me wonder if I will actually be receiving it on Wednesday....

Good luck! I love my extended battery.

ROM
    Stock

yuppers the ext.bat does the job for sure. I also have two now as my wife is happy with two standard for her use so we swapped. I gave up doing the stretch-between-charges thingy on my extended. I was waiting till the second evening to charge it with ~30 to 40 % left...now i just pop it in when i go to bed at night and unplug when up the next morning. With a full day's heavy use of browsing/multimedia/sms/voice i plug in at ~10pm with ~60 to 70% on the ext.bat.

Couldn't ask for more. And as sweet looking as my wife's tbolt is in the seido case with the regular battery, i am liking the bump on the back of the ext.batTbolt, it makes for a secure feel in the hand.

cheers,
    Thom
    HTC Thunderbolt

Please, don't buy them out until I get a chance to order another one but I wanted to report that the VZW web site has them back in stock!!!!

Was out of stock when I checked a few minutes after your post (Took me sometime to get back here)

Quote Originally Posted by Cringey View Post
    Was out of stock when I checked a few minutes after your post (Took me sometime to get back here)
    I just went to the store and bought one and they said it will be to my house in two business days.

Last edited by RetiredJedi; 05-10-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 Stock <- Awesome

hey guys what battery life should I get out of the extended battery with 100% brightness and 4g lte/wi-fi half and half, and text messaging mainly?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceycold View Post
    hey guys what battery life should I get out of the extended battery with 100% brightness and 4g lte/wi-fi half and half, and text messaging mainly?
    Well over a day with it. I'm at 13hrs 30mins unplugged and 80% battery with mostly text message all day, a few calls using bluetooth on the way home, and messing with my WatchESPN app for about 15-20 minutes setting up my account, and some web surfing. I will say I was on 3G all day until I got home and switched on 4G about an hour ago. However, I would think that if your in a constant 4G location you should get about the same.
    Journeyman

ROM
    A

I think the best part is i have my TB overclocked at 1.6. An my battery life is still excellent.
    Follow me on Twitter: @SpaceHippieSays

I've had my extended battery for the last month, but it's staying in my desk till a proper hard case comes out that will work with it. It's really infuriating, since I want to use the battery so badly. I'm on the verge of just saying, eff it, and going no-case.

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.0.4 Stock <- Awesome

I can't wait mine comes in a few days

ROM
    Sense 3.0 RC4

I called CS tonight and will have one by Friday. Can't wait.

Global Posts
    11,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

I'm glad that I bought the extended battery with my TBolt on launch day. It makes a huge difference in my ability to use the phone.

Ordered mine today. Was able to get it for half off as well.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.7

So I just received my Extended today, and I'm absolutely loving it! I purchased a platinum brand case/holster for the standard, and now I need a case for the extended.... Does anyone know of a good case that will still work with the PB holster? I'm assuming that Seidio will work, but you know what happens when you "***-u-me"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast