Seidio extended battery case coming end of May

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Now my question is... do I wait and get the Verizon extended battery and black Active Extended, or do I get a Sapphire Active and another stock battery... decisions...

frankg

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not liking the fact they are covering the TB's kickstand. It will muffle the sound coming out of the speaker, and their own kickstand might not be long/strong enough to hold up the phone vertically. I was looking forward to this case but will have to look elsewhere.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Why are they covering the kickstand and then using their own incorporated into the case? The sound is going to be horrible.

I'm assuming they did that because the case is made to level the phone out. In other words, there won't be that hump from the battery but rather an all around thicker phone but with a more stock feel to it. The kickstand that's built into the phone would not be able to extend enough to work with the case. I am curious to see how much this muffles the sound though as it adds another layer. However, at least the kickstand is less prone to peeling! ;)

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
At the moment, are there any cases that work with the extended battery? I wanna get one but I would really like a case.
EDIT: k well I asked too soon. I found a thread on it.

sent for my fantastic thunderbolt.

bliedel

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not liking the fact they are covering the TB's kickstand. It will muffle the sound coming out of the speaker, and their own kickstand might not be long/strong enough to hold up the phone vertically. I was looking forward to this case but will have to look elsewhere.

Straight from Seidio, it will NOT be strong enough to hold the phone in vertical mode:
I see that the... | Facebook

:( I was so excited for this case, now I'm just uber-bummed...

To anyone out there who has an Seidio ACTIVE case (non-extended): How easily do you think it could be modded? I'm wondering if we could just hack the case up to open up the standard kickstand.

As for peeling, I'm considering putting a plastic coat on it. Maybe something like a Zagg invisishield..dunno yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87