Pouch/Cover/Car Dock setup

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Thunderbolt last week. Finally have what I feel is a working combination of accessories. For anyone that is interested:
Leather pouch from VZW
Silicone cover from VZW
Tetrax Xway
Purchased my Xway at the local Sears.

With this setup, I can keep the silicone cover on my phone at all times. It fits inside the pouch fine with the cover and the Xway metal disc on the back of the cover. I just take it out of the pouch when I get in the car and put it up on the Xway on the vent.

Reactions: EisBlade

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to mention, the Xway comes with 4 metal discs. Two are in a separate plastic bag inside the case. I tried those, but ultimately found that the largest ones worked best. Make sure to clean the case with the included alcohol wipe, and center the disc on the case to prevent it from wanting to tilt. Also, I found it easier to just drop the disc on the case itself instead of doing what the Xway directions suggest, which is apply the disc to the magnet on the holder, and while holding the holder, apply to the phone. First time I did that I didn't center it well. Just peel the paper of the sticky side and place it on the case, press down for 10 seconds, and then done.

DarkBeer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried each of the disks and ultimately decided the largest one was the best choice. They are removable with a flat head screw driver and slow steady pressure. The last one I attached shows no signs of coming off with everyday use. I attached it to the silicone cover, not directly to the phone itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis