1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gorilla Gadgets 2750 Battery

Gorilla Gadgets now has a 2750 mAh battery for the Thunderbolt available for $24.99

thx for sharing but it looks even worse than oem
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZYGOT3 2.0/ JDK

Quote Originally Posted by lippstuh View Post
    thx for sharing but it looks even worse than oem
    haha your right it does look weird. With a case this will look good and save some money!!

Nice find!
    If you don't have an iPhone.... Well you're probably doing alright.
    Patriot Pride
    Galaxy Nexus < ThunderBolt < Bold 9650 < Storm 2 < Storm 1 < 8330 + 8310
    Quote Originally Posted by st0ic_1 View Post
    Do you wear tight pants?

Default It's only a good deal if it works!

I haven't bought many aftermarket batteries so I don't know if this is normal but the casing on the battery was flimsy and the sticker was misaligned. Of course, if the battery operates as advertised, those are just cosmetic issues that you won't see once the battery door is in place. The real problem became apparent when I actually installed the battery and restarted my phone. For some reason, probably an issue with the quality or alignment of the contacts on the inside of the new battery door, I lost my 4G LTE connection. I swapped the extended battery with the stock HTC battery 3 times and each time the extended battery was installed, I lost my 4G connection and the phone displayed the 1X icon. (See pics below.) Obviously, the battery is going back to Gorilla Gadgets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gorilla Gadgets 2750 Battery-4g-lte.jpg   Gorilla Gadgets 2750 Battery-1x-no-data.jpg