Seidio 3200mah battery - review

dlrtyblrdz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
My review may be different. I am the casual user. I charged it for the full 8 hrs it said, and left it on the charger for an additional 3 hrs like it said.

7 hours, 36 mins - still at 92

sent a couple texts
sent a couple gtalk messages
i use touchdown email with automatic push - received a couple emails, send 2 emails.

thats a huge upgrade for me, normally i would be in the low 80's

I will keep updating. Remember, good charging aspects will start after 5-6 full charges.

Reactions: SoDev

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
:eek: So you are on pace for 4 full days without having to charge. Even for light use that would be impressive.

dlrtyblrdz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
2 hrs later

Received about 9 emails from Touchdown.
Sent 2 more texts
Received 4 emails from gmail

Screen is set to autobrightness also. Bluetooth is on, and has been on. Not connect to anything

If i should be adding more information let me know

9 hrs 29 mins - Still at 90%

Last edited:

dlrtyblrdz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
3G. LTE is on though. LTE will be available on 6/16 in this area.

I will keep posting throughout the day. If you want more info, let me know.

dlrtyblrdz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Its not bad. The phone is heavier. I ordered with the convert extended combo and currently i am using just the surface extended part. I may sell the rest, this is fine. I wasn't sure what i would want. the Combo makes it look like a huge brick phone. Package costed me $120.00 plus shipping.

Battery life update - almost 3 hrs later @ 78%

17 hrs and 20 mins - 78% battery life. We could include the 5 mins it took me to type this, lol.

I listened to about 45 mins of music on the way home through winamp app through the car stereo and made 2 5 minute phone calls through my built in bluetooth in the car.

All in all. I would say this battery is worth the cash. Not sure what the 2750 would of done, but Seidio is a brand to trust.

Just purchased one for the wife. This has been a good enough review for me.

I will update tomorrow sometime and give you an idea of where I am at.

lithos_BOLD

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the scoop, been wondering about these batteries. I'm already running on a Seidio 1600mAh, but with moderate use, and a combo of 7 email addys including an Exchange box, it's just not cutting it.

What I am not looking forward to is having to buy a new case and holster to boot.

Have you heard of anyone having good luck with this 3200mAh behemoth on LTE? Lasting just over 7 hours on an extended slim... the thought of getting through the day is more than enticing.

tbolt via Tapatalk

Last edited:

dlrtyblrdz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Nothing on the LTE. But LTE is coming to Madison on 6/16/11. Which is in a week or. I will keep you in the look.

I didnt like have to buy a a case. It does look awkward, but ill take the heavy case instead of charing my phone twice in one day.

dlrtyblrdz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
No i did not. I popped it in, turned it on, threw it on the charger

Well guys, roughly 30 hrs of no charging @ 56%

Again pretty quiet night, played angry birds while waiting for Xmen to start for about 20 mins and listened to some music on the way home for about 20 mins. Also had a 32 minute phonecall.

I'll keep going...

dlrtyblrdz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I am @ 43% - i had 20 minute phonecalls, couple 5 mins, played angry birds for about 20 mins.

I sent about 15 texts, and responded a couple emails.

38 hrs and I am at 43%, almost 40 hrs.....Battery worth the change!!!

dlrtyblrdz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap....66% @ 16 hrs. 4g is live now and it drains

I played angry birds for about an hour, couple phone calls.

I do not have any battery usage apps - if anyone wants to suggest one, ill try it for a while to give you the answers you need.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
4g is a battery whore.... but I love her.

Have you noticed any difference in signal quality since using this? Being the the Bolt's antenna works of the case.

itsdollar

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The battery life sounds close to my extended HTC battery. I wonder what the insides of that thing really is. Interested to see how it holds up after a few weeks or months.

dlrtyblrdz

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. I feel its the same.

5 hrs later and i am at 53% right now and I really haven't done anything. I mean i am receiving emails and send a couple tests

So i guess to lose 13% @ 4G - i dont know what to say if its good or bad

I guess i have gotten 21hrs so far @ 53%. So I should be able to make it another 24 hours. So really its kind of the same draw compared to my previous test with no 4G being live.

Like i said, if you guys want me to use a battery usage app, suggest it and ill run it and give you stats.

Right now I use nothing because I think they draw it even worse.

Right now my settings are out of the box.

Autobrightness
Bluetooth is on - Always
4G is on, and live currently
GPS - OFF
Weather - updates every 3 hrs
Screen time out - 30 secs
Blockbuster updates are disabled
Friendstream disabled
Stocks - disabled
news - disabled

To the above - Granted your rooted. I wonder what mine would be like if i rooted, i would imagine it would be a lot better then it is now.

To me, I have never had the HTC Extended, i bought the Seidio right away. Always have had Seidios.

The HTC is $50 bucks from Verizon. The Seidio is $59.50 right now because they have 15% off. So for 9 bucks more, you may get a better battery, like i said I am not rooted.