Where do you mount your Thunderbolt in the car?

Where do you mount your Thunderbolt in the car?

• Total voters

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've tried an Arkon mount that mounted it through the cig lighter in my car, but didn't hold it well. That was a great spot for it though.

I ended up getting a windshield mount for the center. I don't get how people are comfortable with it on the windshield on your left side. I'd be too afraid to open the window or something. I haven't found a spot on the windshield that I like keeping the mount up. I always take it down when I don't need it.

bigcanoe

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have mine on a vent mount right now, but I think the windshield mount looks sturdier, plus I dont have to look down to see whats going on :)

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Left of center, dash mount (vzw mount), about 4 inches away from my hand on the steering wheel.

Voted center console, but I meant top dash mount.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
For now.. under my radio on the console. I have it rested against the storage door of the center console. I'm gonna eventually mount it somewhere.. not sure yet. Its not going on the windshield though due to the heat and the reflection from the screen and sun. I may go with the cigarette lighter mount or the cup holder mount.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If your having trouble finding a mounting location just use my mount anywhere kit.

19697-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-White-Construction-Worker-Guy-Carrying-A-Giant-Nail-Over-His-Shoulder-And-A-Hammer-In-His-Hand.jpg

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't use GPS much, but when I do I like to mount the phone on the steering wheel. Not safe in a collision but don't really use it there very often. I have a magnetic mount there.

Thanks, Robrecht

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a generic vent mount I got from Target. A hard bump can knock the phone out thou because of the extended battery and silicone case. AC keeps phone cool while charging!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
To the right of my speedometer on my 08 Civic. Looks pretty sweet by that digital gauge lol.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

envirosciguy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Left of center, dash mount (vzw mount), about 4 inches away from my hand on the steering wheel.

Voted center console, but I meant top dash mount.

That's exactly where I have mine. You don't need to look down to use the phone and you can reach the phone with a finger to change a song, etc without taking your hand off the wheel.

Cyrix2k

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't mount mine at all, I just leave it sit in a tray below my radio/hvac controls in front of my shifter. The tray is recessed in so the phone doesn't slide out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781